Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Stevenson Rocked East!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostTue Jun 26, 07 4:08 pm    Stevenson Rocked East!! Reply with quote

What a nice place to sail! I've never sailed at Stevenson on an East day. Rigged my 11 and Grom told me he was lit up on 7 meter, so I rigged down to my 9 TDII it was perfect. Great Day! Very Happy

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Jun 26, 07 5:18 pm     Reply with quote

You know it's windy if Grom's on his 7m. That guy's on a 12/14 when others are on 9s... lol

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostTue Jun 26, 07 5:44 pm     Reply with quote

Rooster left more to be desired

kss

Since 24 Apr 2006
613 Posts
pdx
Addicted

PostWed Jun 27, 07 4:59 am     Reply with quote

did i miss something good at rooster, huh pacific?

bdc8622

Since 31 May 2005
74 Posts
PDX

PostWed Jun 27, 07 6:48 am    Rooster Rocked - Birthday Kiting Reply with quote

Rooster was awesome. After passing 20 naked men and walking all the way down to the East End and having to come back along the inlet, 4 of us sailed for over an hour in FANTASTIC wind and water. (Note.....where a baseball cap and pull it down low, so your peripheral vision is blocked from seeing what goes on in the bushes).

We were on 12's with full power. Water was 4-5 ft deep up the inlet and we were able to get great air with awesome flat water to carve on. Wind died at about 5pm after an hour + long session. Take the 2nd trail down to the left, maybe called Buffalo and there is a small beach that is easy to launch from.

rich

Since 30 Nov 2005
306 Posts
portland
Obsessed

PostWed Jun 27, 07 6:58 am     Reply with quote

sounds like i should have stayed longer. I was there around 2, wind was really up and down. I didn't 'adventure' down the trails as no other kiters were there (Someone was giving a lesson). phuk i h8 myself for not waiting a while.

trevorsmith

Since 25 Apr 2005
501 Posts
PDX
Addicted

PostWed Jun 27, 07 7:09 am     Reply with quote

To minimize the "Bad Naked" burning eye sensation..

Buffalo is the trail name, walk down the hill, just past the big wood sign turn left, then say to your right once on the trail.
There are two muddy areas right now, but that trail had no naked men, it was 10 times shorter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: