Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Foil carnage (post your story / video / pic)
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostTue Aug 03, 21 12:46 pm    please avoid... Reply with quote

Please, please...avoid (also, carbon fiber);

muya.jpg 

BlowOut

Since 22 Jul 2005
17 Posts

PostWed Aug 04, 21 9:14 am     Reply with quote

So my daddy knows I can't wait to join him on the water and become a foil kiting/winging grom extraordinaire.

He setup a dryland mini foil board setup on the family room hardwood floor. He used a 3'' diameter suction cup connected to a heavy gauged 2'' wire spring connected to a 1' wooden board. He places the dryland board foil simulator about 5' away from the TV and plays foiling videos of people ripping up tropical waters. He also places a 20'' fan behind me and turns it up to 11 to simulate nuk'in "fan steady" tropical winds. Mini bar and lines hangs from the ceiling above the board setup.

The other day I sustained an injury as I nailed back-to-back dryland board starts. The rush of emotion and feelings of accomplishment were overwhelming and caused me to have back-to-back blowouts. Embarassed

All the wet wipe cleaning tissues my mom used on me to clean up the messes down there has caused a rash in the area.

I'm on IR for a bit and

no boardshort harness for me for awhile.

drylandpracticeboardstartblowout.jpg 

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostWed Aug 04, 21 11:09 am     Reply with quote

Looks like the fan hit the shit.

markamcclure

Since 20 May 2011
164 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostThu Aug 05, 21 4:04 am     Reply with quote

Is the neoprene from a wetsuit generally enough to prevent foil cuts? What about 2mm booties for feet protection? Do you really need water shoes? I am about to get into foiling, but a full thick wetsuit is really hot right now so I am thinking about using my 3/2 long legs, short arms (farmer style) for coverage. My biggest fear is neck/back injury from landing on the foil.

navi

Since 23 Aug 2014
71 Posts

PostSat Aug 07, 21 7:55 pm     Reply with quote

10/10 on suturing job quality in these pics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: