Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

OT: Hood River area blood drives?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1249 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostSun Jul 25, 21 4:39 pm    OT: Hood River area blood drives? Reply with quote

While we suffer through one of the windiest summers I can remember, it's important to note the urgent deficiency of our region's blood supply. I'm looking for opportunities to give blood in Hood River and not finding many. Any other pointers besides this one?
https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/drive-results?order=DATE&zipSponsor=97031

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1249 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostThu Sep 02, 21 4:51 pm     Reply with quote

Hey just an update on this, there are some upcoming blood drives at the Hood River Valley Adult Center in the heights and Waucoma Building (where you can walk over and replenish yourself at Crush afterward). I managed to squeeze into one of only a few open slots at the Adult Center a few weeks ago, and tried my first "Power Red" donation since my blood type is O+.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/how-to-donate/types-of-blood-donations/power-red-donation.html

Personal tips: hydrate a bunch beforehand, and don't give them your phone number unless you're prepared to hear them ask for your help a lot.

Find open slots to help out here:
https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/drive-results?zipSponsor=97031

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1249 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostThu Oct 07, 21 7:26 am     Reply with quote

Easier to give blood via needle than a foil gash... Very Happy

Hood River Community Hood River and the American Red Cross are hosting upcoming blood drives. Please join our lifesaving mission and schedule an appointment today!

Drive Details:
Site: Hood River Valley Adult Center
Address: 2010 Sterling Place, Hood River, OR, 97031
Room Name: Kathleen Hanel Room
Date: Wed Oct 13, 2021
Time: 1:00: PM - 6:30: PM
Blood Program Leader Name: Lara Weberling

Drive Details:
Site: Elks Lodge #1507
Address: 3rd and Cascade, Hood River, OR, 97031
Room Name: Main Hall
Date: Fri Nov 26, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00: PM
Blood Program Leader Name: Lara Weberling

As I'm sure you've heard on the news, we are experiencing critically low levels of blood for patients nationally and locally. Please schedule your next appointment today and help us stock the shelves. With your October donation, you'll get a $5 eGift card to a retailer of your choice, as a small token of our appreciation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: