Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

classified scams
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostSun Jul 18, 21 5:36 pm     Reply with quote

windpig wrote:
That's a good deal for 3 different kites! Not sure if they all add up to make one 15m or if it's 3 separate 15m kites! Maybe a Hypercolor color changing kite? Those are super rare! Each pic has a different color leading edge so that's the only logical conclusion!

You got it all wrong! You want a kite that actually appreciates? I can sell you a "bit kite". You can actually have the encryption key, and you can watch the crypto kite market skyrocket faster than your "woo" numbers! Best thing is, even if the "crypto kite" market nose dives, you will still be ok even without a helmet!

IPO of "Crypto kite" is about tree fity.

PM me for sales info.

Matteo

a.benjamin76

Since 27 Jul 2017
112 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Jul 19, 21 7:37 am    Bad Etiquitte Reply with quote

lineman wrote:
Wow, are you dumb. These scams have been going on for over a year now. There’s even an extensive thread here about it. The problem isn’t the scammers, it’s the dumb people supporting them. You got what you deserve, don’t come here crying about it.

Lineman, that's not cool - your post adds zero value here. No point in beating a dead horse. The OP didn't have to post his shitty experience getting scammed but chose to, in hopes of preventing others from making the same mistake. Who knows, his post may have already prevented someone else from getting scammed. We're supposed to be able to share experiences and learn from each other on this forum. Don't be a prick - it's not good for your health.

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostTue Jul 20, 21 4:24 am    Re: Bad Etiquitte Reply with quote

a.benjamin76 wrote:
lineman wrote:
Wow, are you dumb. These scams have been going on for over a year now. There’s even an extensive thread here about it. The problem isn’t the scammers, it’s the dumb people supporting them. You got what you deserve, don’t come here crying about it.

Lineman, that's not cool - your post adds zero value here. No point in beating a dead horse. The OP didn't have to post his shitty experience getting scammed but chose to, in hopes of preventing others from making the same mistake. Who knows, his post may have already prevented someone else from getting scammed. We're supposed to be able to share experiences and learn from each other on this forum. Don't be a prick - it's not good for your health.

This is "the internets". Anybody can partake in a discussion here. It's great that Lineman participated here, and displayed an extreme view. Maybe he was drunk when posting. Maybe he has some serious social issues. Who knows.... and who cares?

If his "2 cents" hurt somebody's feelings, I'd suggest that somebody learn to laugh at "stupid". And at the same time, have a bit of sympathy for Lineman just incase this poor guy is trying to get through life with this being his base line personality.

Joshiebaby

Since 14 Oct 2007
569 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostTue Jul 20, 21 12:26 pm     Reply with quote

lineman wrote:

Jerk.

jasonq

Since 12 Jan 2009
242 Posts
hood river
Stoked

PostSat Jul 31, 21 3:40 pm     Reply with quote

well, i guess you can still get a kite off ikitesurf classifieds. I just did, but due to this thread, i was very careful. google image search did not turn up the same images used anywhere else. Ditto with a text search. seller understood obscure kite questions and answered in a way that felt right. email address didn't seem ridiculous. kite was priced right, no argument with using paypal. in the end it was cheap enough, i risked it. got the kite, no issues with it. just as described.

but there are definitely a ton of scams. there were other similar kites for "sale" using the same pictures and text, but from different cities. pics that claimed to be from one city, but i could tell from the license plates in backgrounds that it was unlikely. random odd language, etc.

for kicks i filtered for stuff for sale in hood river. the backgound of many of the photos doesn't look anything like the gorge.

Clyde S. Dale

Since 23 Jul 2016
55 Posts

PostThu Aug 26, 21 6:10 am     Reply with quote

Just tried another tactic. Saw a naish pivot for sale, location was 10 miles from me.Emailed seller and offered cash and that I would meet him at beach half way.Next day he replies that he got called out of town to care for his sick daughter and could I send partial payment .I said I was busy with closing a house sale for my moms estate and my wife was very ill and I would wait for his return ! Ad disappeared from Ikitesurf. So when replying say that your near them and see how they respond.

Pete

Since 29 Oct 2007
829 Posts

Opinionated

PostThu Aug 26, 21 9:02 am     Reply with quote

Clyde S. Dale wrote:
Just tried another tactic. Saw a naish pivot for sale, location was 10 miles from me.Emailed seller and offered cash and that I would meet him at beach half way.Next day he replies that he got called out of town to care for his sick daughter and could I send partial payment .I said I was busy with closing a house sale for my moms estate and my wife was very ill and I would wait for his return ! Ad disappeared from Ikitesurf. So when replying say that your near them and see how they respond.

I have tried that several times and they just don’t respond.

The ads are so predictable now that I can tell they are fake just from the preview photo, location and price, without even reading the actual ad text.

Pete

Since 29 Oct 2007
829 Posts

Opinionated

PostFri Aug 27, 21 7:47 am    Good one Reply with quote

This kite has no microphones! Gawd, I really wanted the microphones that came with it, dammit!

https://c.ikitesurf.com/classifieds/67426
Rolling Eyes

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1249 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostFri Aug 27, 21 9:56 am     Reply with quote

But that's a great deal for the Duotone model... I hear NEO makes great kites!

If you buy that kite, PayPal me $269 and I'll mail you a set of microphones that work with all the NEO models. My mics are in the best condition, with no patches even!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: