Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Passing of Anthony

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Windian

Since 28 Apr 2008
880 Posts
Newport, OR
NEWPORT OG

PostSat Jun 12, 21 9:39 am    Passing of Anthony Reply with quote

Nwkite.com lost one of its tribe on Memorial Day with the passing of Anthony Boesen. His moniker on this forum was simply "Anthony".

He was killed while kiting at South Beach in Newport and I don't know much about the details of how it happened other than the medical examiner deemed his death as "accidental".

He was one of the kindest people you would have ever met at the beach while kiting. His big smile, friendly demeanor, and enthusiasm for kiting were his trademarks that he always exhibited. You may have crossed paths with Anthony over the years since he has been involved in windsurfing and kiting for decades at places like the Gorge, Oregon Coast, and La Ventana/Los Barriles.

Personally, I really liked the guy and will miss him a lot. He was becoming a fixture here in Newport since he and his wife recently purchased a condo here, and they were planning to permanently move from their Salem home once Anthony retired. BTW, another tragic aspect of his passing was that he was retiring from being a civil engineer in the near future.

Here is a link to his obituary and memorial service:

https://www.batemanpacificview.com/obituary/Anthony-Boesen?fbclid=IwAR0_QshtV04qFZ6Dcq3dZlaF7DLRS_1BrBzbn04b_j1wY6rutx68Ijf3vF8

RIP Anthony

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostSat Jun 12, 21 1:06 pm    RIP Anthony! Reply with quote

Major bummer!

Thanks for the 411, Mike.

Never met the gentleman, but it was evident from reading his posts that he was passionate about kiting and seemed to have a very friendly demeanor.

My deepest condolences to his wife, family, and friends.

RIP Anthony!

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSat Jun 12, 21 5:39 pm     Reply with quote

OMG, I can't believe this. Anthony was such an asset to this community; he's done so much not just to spread the stoke, but to help with all sorts of challenges that have faced the kiteboarding community over the years. He was truly a gem, and he will be sorely missed. I am in shock and grief.

Anthony, may you be blessed with steady winds and sunny skies. RIP. Crying or Very sad

To Anthony's friends and family, please know that many of us here share your grief. The world truly was a better place with Anthony in it, and we are all lessened by his loss.

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostSun Jun 13, 21 7:44 am     Reply with quote

Anthony was truly one of the rare people in kiteboarding who contributed to the whole community, and was NOT just in it for himself.

He will not only be missed, but kiteboarding in the PNW will have to face future challenges ahead in his absence, with less hope for success.

I seriously doubt anyone could fill his shoes, but please let his efforts be inspirational for those of you who could step up for all of us.

MikeZ

Since 17 Jul 2012
207 Posts
Beaverton / Seaside / Govy
Stoked

PostFri Jun 18, 21 12:10 pm     Reply with quote

Ooof. I just saw this. Really sad. I haven't seen or heard from Anthony in many years, and I didn't even know he kited. But I did know him from kayaking, back in my pre-kiting days.

More of a casual acquaintance than a close really close friend. But one of the nicest guys around. He introduced me to several rivers when I was new to the area.

Rip, Anthony...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: