Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Northwest is Nuts...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Mar 24, 05 6:26 pm    Northwest is Nuts... Reply with quote

Okay so we all went kiting two weeks ago in 70 degree weather, but now I am going snowboarding tomorrow because the mountain is reopening? I woke up this morning and forgot whether it was spring or fall! What a weird year. Neutral

PostMon Mar 28, 05 1:27 pm    weird weather Reply with quote

Iwish we had your problems here in the midwest....

PostMon Mar 28, 05 4:04 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah, Dax likes to complain about how crappy the Gorge is... But notice that he also seems to stick around here as well...

Sorry Dax, gotta poke a little fun at you. You have obviously not been skunked on any of your vacations yet. I had over three weeks in Puerto Rico with nothing, and I mean nothing. I have also been to Hatteras for a 12 day stretch and come home with just a big hang over and sore muscles from surfing at the Buxton Lighthouse everyday. Even have sat on the beach in Maui for extended periods and just enjoyed lighting up the local herbs...

Bam... out!

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Mar 28, 05 5:47 pm     Reply with quote

Maybe I just like to complain? Wink

I haven't gotten totally skunked on a trip yet... but my last trip to SPI I only got 2 sessions in 7 days, and man does that place suck when you can't go kiting!

The Gorge is sweetness, I am just not from the NW so the instability of the weather always facinates me. (How can this winter/spring not make you scratch your head?!)

Portland / Gorge rocks, you really can't find anywhere that has it all like we do.

PostTue Mar 29, 05 3:50 am     Reply with quote

I feel ya about the weather. The mountain has hardly been ridable all year and now that it’s the end of the season for snowboarding/skiing, the snow is a fallen! I sure hope that the wind isn’t this inconsistent this season.

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostTue Mar 29, 05 3:00 pm    Re: Northwest is Nuts... Reply with quote

pkh wrote:
Okay so we all went kiting two weeks ago in 70 degree weather, but now I am going snowboarding tomorrow because the mountain is reopening? I woke up this morning and forgot whether it was spring or fall! What a weird year. Neutral

Go for the combo pkh & make it happen... Check the vid

Idea http://www.sskiteboarding.com/team/snow.htm

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Mar 29, 05 3:22 pm     Reply with quote

Nice video... any of that hood you think?

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Mar 30, 05 3:09 pm    Re: Northwest is Nuts... Reply with quote

pkh wrote:

No doubt! I'd be pretty bummed if I was only a powder hound however I can’t complain as we've have had quite a rather windy winter given the benign nature of this year’s ‘winter’.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: