Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Wing Lesson Recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Jun 02, 21 5:53 am    Wing Lesson Recommendations Reply with quote

I will be in the gorge tomorrow for a few days. Want to take some wing lessons. Any suggestions?

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1472 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jun 02, 21 6:07 am     Reply with quote

https://bigwinds.com/wing-surfing-wing-foiling-lessons/

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostWed Jun 02, 21 10:43 am     Reply with quote

Windance will rent wing setups. Not sure wing lessons would be that helpful if you already a proficient kiter. Play with the wing for a while on the beach or get a SUP and go wing around in the hook. Watch some youtube videos (Damien Leroy's stuff is pretty good). Go out and play in the water, feel like a beginner again and get beat up. It's not that hard to learn or that dangerous relative to learning to kiteboard as a beginner. Oh, if you don't kite foil maybe learn that first or learn to foil behind a boat. Enjoy!

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostWed Jun 02, 21 11:16 am     Reply with quote

user124 wrote:
Windance will rent wing setups. Not sure wing lessons would be that helpful if you already a proficient kiter. Play with the wing for a while on the beach or get a SUP and go wing around in the hook. Watch some youtube videos (Damien Leroy's stuff is pretty good). Go out and play in the water, feel like a beginner again and get beat up. It's not that hard to learn or that dangerous relative to learning to kiteboard as a beginner. Oh, if you don't kite foil maybe learn that first or learn to foil behind a boat. Enjoy!

Thanks, all i do is kite and pump foil. I have tried winging and had no luck. thought one lesson would work. Brining my Axis setup, 1120 or my 1150. hope that works out

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostWed Jun 02, 21 11:45 am     Reply with quote

I just started this year and making slow progress after a few sessions. My advice would be big front wing (2000+), big board (20-40L more than your weight in KG - more is easier), big hand wing and lots of wind. My best sessions have been 18-22 MPH wind. You can get going in less but then you have to pump the wing and foil which is a skill you learn after basic wing and foil control. More wind=more chop, which makes it harder to stand up on the board. If you are taking a lesson ask them to provide you with some bigger gear. I'm not there yet but expert wingers like Laird downsize later once they get it figured out.

Good luck! It's fun, a great workout and always enjoyable to learn something new and progress.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: