Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Self policing at the event site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Saildoogie

Since 16 Oct 2013
77 Posts
White Salmon, WA

PostFri May 28, 21 4:56 pm    Self policing at the event site Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note. Thanks to all those involved getting the grass signage at the event site all sorted. Thanks for organizing it with the port and sorting it all out.
I pumped up on the grass today around 3 and as I was heading out, saw a women about to get launched from the grass. I politely asked her not to launch there as it currently forbidden and doing so would jeopardize it for everyone. I was a little bummed that she was doing it right next to the sign that said not to launch there. I was also surprised that she got as far as she did without anyone saying anything. I think we all need to self police and keep all this under control. It’s not fun to confront people but it is in our best interest to keep people in line so that it doesn’t get ruined for the rest of us in the off season.
Thanks,
Doogie

AC

Since 04 Jul 2012
66 Posts

CGKA Member

PostMon May 31, 21 8:50 am     Reply with quote

Agreed. It’s not fun being being the grown-up (well maybe for some), but it needs to be done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: