Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Dirtbags at Nichols Basin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
flipper

Since 17 Oct 2011
320 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue May 18, 21 1:49 pm    Dirtbags at Nichols Basin Reply with quote

Sad to see the dirtbag high school kids leave this mess last Saturday. The wind was picking up Sunday morning, so I picked most of it up as it would end up in the river. Crazy that a town like Hood River has kids that are so disrespectful. I did notice that there are no trash cans in this area, but still!!!

20210516_08072055.jpg 

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostWed May 19, 21 7:41 am    Re: Dirtbags at Nichols Basin Reply with quote

flipper wrote:
so I picked most of it up

why did you stop at "most"? Very Happy

dude, i don't understand littering at all. i never have. my son and i walk our little town and pick up 2 full garbage bags in a 1 mile stretch about every 2-3 months.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostWed May 19, 21 4:16 pm    Re: Dirtbags at Nichols Basin Reply with quote

tinyE wrote:
flipper wrote:
so I picked most of it up

why did you stop at "most"? Very Happy

dude, i don't understand littering at all. i never have. my son and i walk our little town and pick up 2 full garbage bags in a 1 mile stretch about every 2-3 months.

And some one please explain to me the strange logic behind bagging your dog's shit..... and then leaving the full bag on my front lawn? Baffling.

pollywog

Since 07 Aug 2009
289 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri May 21, 21 8:05 pm     Reply with quote

Well, Kip, if it’s in a bag then you’ll see it and won’t step in it....

honestly tho, I have the same question, what gives? I think people “don’t want to carry it around” on their nature loving dog walk. Heck, they might “smell dog shit” and it’ll ruin their stint in nature.

We just seem to get dumber the book-smarter we become....

jeremy

Since 18 Aug 2006
273 Posts
Manzo & HR
Obsessed

PostSat May 22, 21 2:17 pm     Reply with quote

I think the logic is -

Person is out walking dog and dog shits, so shit gets bagged. And now there's a choice, to carry the dog shit for the whole walk or grab it on the way back. Which would you rather do ? This explains the bags down at the sandbar. And then the person just forgets to grab it on the way back. But bag of shit is normally left on a log or rock, not in the middle of someone's lawn.

rockinbach

Since 11 Apr 2010
49 Posts
Vancouver, WA

PostSun May 23, 21 9:08 am     Reply with quote

I see this all the time on hiking trails everywhere. Dog owners need to better embrace "pack it in - pack it out" for their dog's poop. Leaving the bagged poop behind is more than cosmetic.

https://cfpub.epa.gov/npstbx/files/Pet%20care%20fact%20sheet.pdf

Then you have the plastic from the left behind pop bag adding to the polluting mix.

I've been flirting with the idea of designing a dog poop carry pack. So those owners that unfortunately find it too icky to carry can have their dog do it. It is their poop after all.

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1256 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostSun May 23, 21 10:37 am     Reply with quote

I've noticed more litter everywhere recently, especially discarded masks and the return of one-time-use plastic bags blowing down streets/beaches. Unfortunately it seems to be a mindset that I'm not convinced can be resolved by solving some of the tactical issues like dogs carrying their own poop bags, but I do think litter-shaming and policing works (to a degree).

Also helps when dog owners are willing to pick up others' bags with their own (eww, icky!). I do this whenever I can (always wash hands after anyway), and I believe it's been done for me... either that or I was the jackass who forget to pickup those poop bags I left on Kip's lawn! Razz

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSun May 23, 21 12:18 pm     Reply with quote

shred_da_gorge wrote:
I've noticed more litter everywhere recently.... I was the jackass who forget to pickup those poop bags I left on Kip's lawn! Razz

I think more of every lazy shit move has heightened since this covid year. Cat converters, graffiti, angry idiot drivers, your poop bags, homeless, lame political views, on, and on.... or..... it's just my advancing years?

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1256 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostSun May 23, 21 1:02 pm     Reply with quote

I saw those guys at the west end of the event site recently.

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostMon May 24, 21 8:20 am     Reply with quote

rockinbach wrote:
I've been flirting with the idea of designing a dog poop carry pack. So those owners that unfortunately find it too icky to carry can have their dog do it. It is their poop after all.

do it!

i used to tie the bag to my dog's harness....haha...he didn't care

Marmot

Since 08 Aug 2007
99 Posts
Lyle, WA

PostMon May 24, 21 2:53 pm     Reply with quote

Just make this!

post1-1.jpg 

shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1256 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostMon May 24, 21 3:53 pm     Reply with quote

So much for Fido's dignity... (that'll be me in a nursing home someday).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: