Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

SS HG Compatibility Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostThu Apr 08, 21 9:16 am    SS HG Compatibility Issues Reply with quote

I have a Time Code 57 front wing from a couple years ago that will not work with a new fuse. The fuse will not fully seat into the front wing. The result means the holes do not line up and the wing/fuse/mast bolts cannot be secured. The wing worked on the older fuse but that fuse is no longer available.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

Anybody have thoughts on a remedy?

I have reached out to SS and have been exchanging emails but no solution in hand at this point.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Apr 08, 21 1:15 pm    Re: SS HG Compatibility Issues Reply with quote

Ryan wrote:

Anybody have thoughts on a remedy?

I've got three:

1: Call up MacGyver and have him go to town with a roll of duct tape.

2: Call Jack Black from Tenacious D and have him give you a donation of his Rocket Sauce. Might be just the adhesive you're needing for the fix.

3: PM Stringy. Clever and resourceful mind who might have an idea or two.

MacGyver.jpg 

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostSat Apr 10, 21 6:52 am     Reply with quote

I'm not super familiar with the hoverglide components so not sure what it could be. first thing that comes to mind would be an obstruction preventing the fuselage from going to proper depth. also is this the "switch" fuse? it's designed to fit either direction.
if you want it chopped so it fits, bring it up to my shop in the couve and we can take a look at it and possibly cut it to the correct length.

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostSat Apr 10, 21 7:14 pm    fuse Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer Jim. I might take you up on that. Working on a few alternatives now.

I did check the wing to see if there was anything lodged in there to prevent the fuse from extending all the way and didn't see anything. I also scraped the bottom of the wing where the fuse rests to dislodge anything with no success.

cheers,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: