Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kiteboarding Fatality In California.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Mar 12, 21 5:47 pm    Kiteboarding Fatality In California. Reply with quote

Apparently the actor Cliff Simon was killed in a kiteboarding accident at Topanga Beach in California. RIP and condolences to his loved ones.

Does anyone have the details of this accident?

jack

Since 12 Mar 2006
211 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Mar 12, 21 5:58 pm     Reply with quote

There was a video out there of it. It is a rocky beach and it appears that when he came out of the water he may have slipped and accidentally looped the kite. He flew through the air at low altitude, however, went a fair distance and have landed head first. The area he landed in did not appear to be asrocky as the area he got lofted from. When I realized what I was watching I chose not to go back and rewatch.

Windian

Since 28 Apr 2008
880 Posts
Newport, OR
NEWPORT OG

PostSat Mar 20, 21 8:42 pm     Reply with quote

Very sad to hear about this happening to another kiter. Exiting the water after probably having a great session and then it all ends just that fast. RIP...

Crying or Very sad

Pete

Since 29 Oct 2007
829 Posts

Opinionated

PostMon Mar 22, 21 8:30 am    Details here Reply with quote

Some info. here:

https://kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2409396&sid=ef1edf1a2cbc724f257c51e1e317a4fc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: