Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

foil questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue Feb 16, 21 3:22 pm    foil questions Reply with quote

i have the hover glide FSurf V3 setup, and am interested in getting to a wake surf setup for as low $'s as possible and still have a good setup.

1. can i use the 76cm from wing and it be good in the wake? I noticed that their wake surf front wing is a slightly different shaped 61cm (and the mast is shorter).

2. i have the skywalker board. i'm guessing a different board for wake surfing would be better than the sky walker? if so, is there a suitable wake surf board for the ocean too?

thanks!

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostTue Feb 16, 21 5:51 pm     Reply with quote

I wake foil with both the 790 and 873 Moses which are similar to the Hoverglide 76 and 84. Personally I find the 790 a little fast, the 873 doesn't accelerate as fast and is a bit easier to stay on the wave. Also, the 873 can go about 3 - 4 mph slower which really helps with my boat. The best wave on my Yamaha is at about 10 - 11 mph which is pretty close to stall for me with the 790. I can ride the 873 down to about 6 - 7 mph.

deminimis

Since 15 Jul 2014
326 Posts
On the Rocks
Obsessed

PostMon Mar 22, 21 3:01 pm     Reply with quote

Our wake foil came with the Infinity 76 front wing. Some dude poached our wake last summer with what looked like a wing foil board (was pretty damn cool). So guessing you are probably good to go.

20200816_145733-600x1268.jpg 

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostTue Mar 23, 21 8:06 pm     Reply with quote

We learned to wakefoil on the 76 and it was fine for that. I find myself liking larger Armstrong wings now. Their HS1550 has been my favorite lately especially for riding 2nd wave back.

Board with some volume is a bit easier to learn on. Driver needs to start off really slow so you can get comfortable riding off the foil and then gradually increase speed until you can lift off. Once proficient very little volume is needed since you are being pulled up by the boat.

Be aware that you can be injured by the tow rope when you fall.

All the best,
Hein

https://youtu.be/BTMg6fRMB4Y

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: