Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Accident at Rooster yesterday afternoon, 9-28-20
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Oct 29, 20 10:58 am    How is the injured individual doing? Reply with quote

So without divulging names or other personal info, how is the gentleman who was injured a month ago doing?

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostThu Oct 29, 20 11:26 am    Re: How is the injured individual doing? Reply with quote

Sasquatch wrote:
So without divulging names or other personal info, how is the gentleman who was injured a month ago doing?

My wife talked to one of his friends at Rooster last weekend and it sounds like he's going to be ok. Fingers crossed for a quick and speedy recovery.

Last edited by Marcus O on Thu Oct 29, 20 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bargeslayer

Since 08 Jul 2012
100 Posts

Stoked

PostThu Oct 29, 20 12:16 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry I'm willing to die on this hill. This case is easily identifiable from the location and date alone and we shouldn't be discussing it here. How would you feel if you came upon your medical history in this setting without your consent? Use private messages or texts or whatever but I feel strongly that this is not the right venue.

anders

Since 01 May 2012
107 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Dec 07, 20 9:12 pm    Update Reply with quote

My father in Bob was the one involved in the accident. He did suffer some major injuries including C1 neck fracture, large hematoma and a broke. Hip. He has been slow recovering but he is still experiencing pain in a daily basis. I believe he will make a full recovery over time.

Bob is a super positive person and appreciates everyone who helped the day of the accident. He doesn't remember much but he was trying to release his safety but it was stuck. I dont know everything leading up to the event but I know it was averaging 40mph gusting to 50mph.

As others have mentioned any mistake in those conditions can have serious consequences.

Riders should launch close to the water to minimize time on the beach. Also the wind can be sketchy closer to the grass and increase the likelihood of kites falling and then getting hit with a gust.

I set up a go fund me to raise support to get Bob a new wetsuit because his was cutoff. And possibly a helmet too. https://m.facebook.com/groups/1435590560042254/permalink/2822332441368052/

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostMon Dec 07, 20 9:46 pm     Reply with quote

I am not on crackbook and had my wife go to donate buys it’s a private group. Might want another way to donate.

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostMon Dec 07, 20 11:07 pm     Reply with quote

Justsmile wrote:
I am not on crackbook and had my wife go to donate buys it’s a private group. Might want another way to donate.

Here's the link to the GoFundMe he set up.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-raise-support-for-bob-madddox-wetsuit?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf%20share-flow-1&fbclid=IwAR09LPo34Y251jAuJkyy-N0Xnm8lOwGkLNGKplV6OmxckF_teyWDrpDid-M

Obakarama

Since 29 Jun 2019
47 Posts

PostThu Dec 10, 20 7:09 pm     Reply with quote

In my opinion, and it may sound harsh, if I were Bob I would first think if this is for me. Maybe God wants to get his attention.

anders

Since 01 May 2012
107 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Dec 11, 20 12:16 pm     Reply with quote

Thank you to everyone who has supported Bob. He will definitely be encouraged.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: