Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Update re: meeting at Sandbar on Thursday 8/4/05 7:30 p.m.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostTue Aug 02, 05 3:37 pm    Update re: meeting at Sandbar on Thursday 8/4/05 7:30 p.m. Reply with quote

A meeting for the Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association is set for Thursday, 8/4/05 at 7:30 p.m. at the sandbar. Anyone & everyone is encouraged and invited to attend...there may even be free food involved. Chris of Stormwarning gave us the green light to use their spot at the spit. Please bring a folding chair if you think of it, since chairs may be scarce. I'll bring a couple of extras.

Since the (dis)organization hasn't been active as-of-late, there's a lot to talk about. However, we'd like to keep the focus on the following topics:

Site Access; By-laws; Web-site; & Membership

Hope to see you there,

Jim

Last edited by 4Stringer/KipWinger on Fri Aug 05, 05 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostTue Aug 02, 05 7:45 pm     Reply with quote

Is that the official gang w vs. e battle of the gorge? suv's vs old junkers (old suvs).

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostWed Aug 03, 05 8:06 am    Kiting Association Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the lead and getting this rolling! See you there.

danimal

Since 03 Mar 2005
12 Posts

PostFri Aug 05, 05 9:25 am     Reply with quote

Could someone who attended post a summary ofthe meeting?

Thanks Very Happy

4Stringer/KipWinger

Since 27 Apr 2005
541 Posts
Hood River
Addicted

PostFri Aug 05, 05 9:34 am    meeting Reply with quote

No one other than myself and Mike had shown-up by 7:40 p.m. As a result, Mike and I took the meeting to his sailboat where we decided to ask the port to ban kiteboarding from the sandspit when there is enough wind for sailboating. Seriously though, we did talk a bit about the need to get more organized, which is obvious. We will have a rough draft of bylaws shortly along with a list of board members. I think once we have some commitment from a few kiters, we can actually get this thing rolling.

Jim

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostFri Aug 05, 05 12:14 pm     Reply with quote

I must of gotten there right after you left with a 12 pack in hand.!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: