Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

KIting in Saladita MX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Sep 13, 20 5:22 pm    KIting in Saladita MX Reply with quote

Anyone kited down here? I know the surf looks sweet. Some of the best lefts around.

Would love to get some wind down there.

Any beta?

Thanks

Windian

Since 28 Apr 2008
880 Posts
Newport, OR
NEWPORT OG

PostSun Sep 13, 20 6:17 pm     Reply with quote

Been there about half dozen times in the past with a combined total of 75 days or more. Surfed many great sessions, but have never kited the place or even bothered to bring kiting gear. I have seen it windy, but never sustained for any length of time or much velocity. I am sure it gets the occasional day under rare conditions, but it is not a place where you can get strong, steady and sustained winds day after day. If you happen to bring kite gear and score a session, then you hit the jackpot!

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostThu Sep 17, 20 8:50 am     Reply with quote

My two cents... I live every winter from November to May in a little town near Manzanillo. All of these years I've been watching and waiting for winds. In my opinion in general the wind disappears traveling south around Mazatlan. My bonehead "science" tells me that beyond Mazatlan the sea temperature just doesn't get consistently cool enough to generate daily thermals.
In Barra de Navidad our winds can arrive in March when the "up-welling" of cooler ocean waters approach the shore. Unfortunately this effect has be diminishing over the past decades. In the late 80s I could count on an afternoon cool sea breeze from Nov-May... now the place will often act like a miserable steam bath for weeks and weeks.

Still able to foil on rare days: Big wing, 10.4 Cloud, light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: