Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

KB4C- Celebrate Life!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tekko

Since 20 Feb 2006
376 Posts
White Salmon
Liquid Force

PostMon Jun 11, 07 11:54 am    KB4C- Celebrate Life!!! Reply with quote

As many of you know, KB4C was founded this spring while Tonia's brother Scott was fighting for his life with Leukemia. KB4C was the answer we came up with for the question of 'What can we do?', at a time when we felt so helpless.

Scott passed peacefully at Childrens Hospital in Seattle last week. His Mom, Dad and Sister Tonia were at his side. Saturday we celebrated his life in a way he would have wished, at a Buddist Meditation Temple in Seattle.

Scott was a young man of 19 and yet wise well beyond his years. Scott was a passionate artist and outdoorsman and aspired to be a journalist. The last year of Scott's life was a period of great creativity, especially in his spiritual and artistic paths. He integrated insights from his life and illness into his art and spirituality, making both into expressions of compassion and advocacy for change in the world.

We will continue to share Scott's love of life and his vision to help others through Kiteboarding 4 Cancer ( http://www.kb4c.org ) and the KB4C event this summer.

Please help us continue Scott's vision to help effect change in the world, share the love and help others who are still fighting!!

Please visit Scott's Page for KB4C and if you can, leave even $1 so we can get your name on the board on his page, in his honor and in support of this event.

http://www.active.com/donate/kb4c/ScottFarman

I know many of you already have your pages and many of you are just about to put yours up. The best way to show your support for Scott, Tonia and our family is to become part of this event. Celebrate life! Kiteboard from the event site for a day and in the process raise money and awareness to help those who are still fighting!

Tonia and I are home today and coming back to our lives. While we are not fragile, we are not prepared to talk about Scott with everyone at the moment.. and yet are itching to get back on the water. When you see Tonia on the beach smile and let her know you're thoughts are with her, but please let her get pumped up and on the water.

The best way to show your support is to register and become involved with the KB4C event. Scott always loved the energy and lifestyle we have here and this community is a big part of that.

Thank you!
Gregg and Tonia

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jun 11, 07 12:23 pm     Reply with quote

Best wishes, look forward to seeing you guys on the water again.

Garret

Since 07 Sep 2006
254 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostMon Jun 11, 07 12:36 pm     Reply with quote

Welcome back Tonia and Gregg. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know we can make KB4C a fitting tribute to Scott and everyone else who we have been taken from us in the prime of their lives.

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostMon Jun 11, 07 12:47 pm     Reply with quote

Kiting on the water is wonderful therapy. See ya there.
Mark

www.naishkites.com

NERDSKI

Since 03 Mar 2006
31 Posts
THE DITCH

PostMon Jun 11, 07 1:48 pm    Ditto on the therapy Reply with quote

Kiting, Biking, and Hiking! Keep your heads up Tonia and Gregg!

Yardsale

Since 29 Mar 2005
387 Posts
Portlanastan
Obsessed

PostMon Jun 11, 07 3:08 pm     Reply with quote

Brutally sad.....I'm so sorry for your loss, my best regards to you and all your family! Sad

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jun 11, 07 6:29 pm     Reply with quote

yes, i'm sorry to hear this news. Hopefully, this will renew the vigor in all of us to raise more money to fight this for others.

kitetele

Since 20 Mar 2005
121 Posts
Portland, Oregon
Stoked

PostMon Jun 11, 07 8:30 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your loss.....my thoughts are with you. Cherish the memories and we will see you on the water.

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostWed Jun 13, 07 10:36 am     Reply with quote

Tonia,
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Scott sounds like he was a great guy and an example to others.
My condolences to you and your family.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: