Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Saturday at the Spit...the musical equivalent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
314 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostSat Jun 09, 07 6:06 pm    Saturday at the Spit...the musical equivalent Reply with quote

The musical equivalent of the wind in the gorge today would be:

Sandbar on Saturday Equivalent.png 
   Journey is the Sanbar today.png 
   (Not that Phil) Goin' BIG!!!!.png 
   the Boys in the Band.png 
   DY tear it up.png 

Last edited by TravisBickleRex on Sat Jun 09, 07 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

colby

Since 23 Apr 2005
613 Posts
Celebrity
Photographer

PostSat Jun 09, 07 6:12 pm     Reply with quote

could be a couple of ways to read that if you weren't in the know Very Happy

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
314 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostSun Jun 10, 07 8:12 am    in written text Reply with quote

For those blessed not to have had their ears terrorized in the 80's by the bands above, I'll just say it in plain backwoods-descriptive-speak; the wind in the gorge on Saturday was the equivalent of two piles of steaming dog fecal matter, only after having been violated by each of ones bare feet.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostSun Jun 10, 07 8:41 am     Reply with quote

Know why you're gay? Because you like Asia.

bustingbladder

Since 12 Jul 2006
386 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

PostSun Jun 10, 07 8:57 am     Reply with quote

TBR,
Although I love to read most of your posts and you seem to be an educated funny dude with my respect in the past; Not all of us are Black F@!#*$* atheist metal heads with an excremental fetish. I guess when the wind picks up and rages we can expect a steaming "Golden Shower" type metaphorical response from you? How about just saying the wind sucks for kiting at the Spit without all the twisted mental portraits. And by the way Ted Nugent, Gary Rickcraff and Neil Shawn smoke on the neck. Can you play better or should we all tune down to a drop C and be minimalists playing bar chords as fast as possible?

W aka "guitar shredder"

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
314 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostMon Jun 11, 07 5:48 am    response Reply with quote

bustingbladder wrote:
And by the way Ted Nugent, Gary Rickcraff and Neil Shawn smoke on the neck. Can you play better or should we all tune down to a drop C and be minimalists playing bar chords as fast as possible?
W aka "guitar shredder"

WARNING: HyperGeek Response Below...

My intention is not to bust (stopper) balls or burst bubbles of an already Busted Bladder, but to bring clarity to the conversation above. The players that you mention are no doubt, very talented. However, talent alone does not translate into music worthy of praise. After crushing riffage and worthy subtle jamming "on the neck" with Santana, Neil Schon's first two albums with Journey (pre-"you know why you're gay?...cause your listening to me" Steve Perry) were also impressive. Then commerce forced Schon's art to die...and it was a very painful death. "Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin"...no thank you...I'll simply take lethal injection. It's as if Ruben Lenton decided that he'd take kiting in a bold new direction...one in which the board never left the water. I'll stop the measured tirade here.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1804 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostMon Jun 11, 07 6:12 am     Reply with quote

Long live TBR! the Rebel with a Love for Metal. Surprised there was not a Kenny G. shot in there too. Always reminds me of a dentist's chair session.

Eric

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostMon Jun 11, 07 6:30 am     Reply with quote

TBRTBRTBRTBR,MIKEHAWKMIKEHAWK...THIS FORUM HAS LOST SO MUCH FLAVOR Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad SO BORING .. Sad ..EVEN TONSKI WON,T POST? Laughing Laughing RARELY DO I EVER SEA THE CREW THAT MADE PEOPLE LAUGH...TROLL

bustingbladder

Since 12 Jul 2006
386 Posts
Seattle
Obsessed

PostMon Jun 11, 07 6:33 am     Reply with quote

Well stated TBR... You are right about that! And dont get me wrong, I was raised on metal. How was the wind yesterday? See you on the water soon dude. Hopefully next weekend we'll rage against the machine.

W

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
314 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostMon Jun 11, 07 3:58 pm    Sunday Reply with quote

bustingbladder wrote:
How was the wind yesterday?

Since you asked, I'll respect your wishes and avoid references to septic-satanic-sui-sodo-sludge... The wind on Sunday was more fun(ny) than fun; a lot like this-here (below.) At times it evoked laughter. 'Does anybody remember laughter?!":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CO7FPU7a2g

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostMon Jun 11, 07 5:07 pm    Re: Sunday Reply with quote

TravisBickleRex wrote:
bustingbladder wrote:

Since you asked, I'll respect your wishes and avoid references to septic-satanic-sui-sodo-sludge... The wind on Sunday was more fun(ny) than fun; a lot like this-here (below.) At times it evoked laughter. 'Does anybody remember laughter?!": Laughing Laughing THAT IS RIGHT ,AS I SAID IN THE LAST POST THAT THIS FORUM HAS LOST IT'S FLAVOR Twisted Evil Exclamation LET IT B THAT MIKE HAWK,TBR...ARE PART OF THE HEAVY WOOD WORK AS ARE A FEW OF THE OTHERS I HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE TO MEAT..WHICH WILL TASTE GOOD THIS EVENING Laughing Laughing TROLL

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostMon Jun 11, 07 5:18 pm     Reply with quote

hey I think Slither has those same sunglasses! Laughing

www.naishkites.com

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jun 11, 07 6:35 pm    Re: Sunday Reply with quote

TravisBickleRex wrote:
bustingbladder wrote:

Since you asked, I'll respect your wishes and avoid references to septic-satanic-sui-sodo-sludge... The wind on Sunday was more fun(ny) than fun; a lot like this-here (below.) At times it evoked laughter. 'Does anybody remember laughter?!":

tortelvis rocks.

trying to get them to come up to the coast next summer for my 40th blowout... after the cancer fund, perhaps I'll start a dread zepplin fund! Smile

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostMon Jun 11, 07 7:29 pm    Saturday's Southerlies musical equivalent Reply with quote

Kiting last Saturday's southerlies was like going 10 rounds with Tonya in the front row at Gwar. Drunk

1106845967_9907.jpg 
   Gwar1.jpg 

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
314 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostTue Jun 12, 07 6:37 am    Re: Saturday's Southerlies musical equivalent Reply with quote

[quote=with Tonya in the front row at Gwar.:[/quote]

Those two things are mutually exclusive? That's a surprise.

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostTue Jun 12, 07 8:21 am     Reply with quote

SHE IS SO HOT ,JUST THINK WHAT HER THIGHS LOOK LIKE Laughing Laughing TROLL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: