Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

SS Fuse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jun 08, 07 6:26 am    SS Fuse Reply with quote

can one of you SS guys please tell me about the new Fuse Board?
http://sskiteboarding.com/products.cfm?id=13

It sounds kind of interesting. I'm wondering about it's versatility... i.e. swell in the columbia, waves at the coast, would it sub for a lightwind board? it says directional, but it looks twin-tip-ish, is there something I have missed?

If I swing out to stevenson some time, is there one that is available for demo?

also, what are these things retailing for?

thanks!

Tony

Since 28 Aug 2006
940 Posts
Portland
Opinionated

PostFri Jun 08, 07 6:35 am     Reply with quote

Talk to Onad Rednaxela,
He's got one that he rides.....

kss

Since 24 Apr 2006
613 Posts
pdx
Addicted

PostFri Jun 08, 07 9:28 am     Reply with quote

also blanco2 gots one... think he's gonna use it on the BIG DOWNwinder this weekend.

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostFri Jun 08, 07 9:52 am     Reply with quote

KSS you in today?

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostFri Jun 08, 07 10:01 am     Reply with quote

not to speak for him, but Onad said he loves the board. They are however, pretty damn expensive, especially for a production board made in ....china? Thailand? anywhere but here.

I'm looking at this board or perhaps a Jimmy Lewis Rad F which is a directional twin tip. I absolutely love my model III.

It would be cool to demo.

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostFri Jun 08, 07 10:08 am     Reply with quote

Dude the majority of kiteboards, wakeboards, surfboards, & windsurf boards all come from Cobra in Thailand.

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostFri Jun 08, 07 10:13 am     Reply with quote

Dude, what you really need is this...

Boa8!! Look at those pictures!!! that board rips. Chicks will literally jumpon your back when you kite by the beach. I ordered two!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/895-NEW-BOA8-KITEBOARD-KITEBOARDING-slingshot-cabrinha_W0QQitemZ300119234671QQihZ020QQcategoryZ114263QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sentone

Since 10 Feb 2006
66 Posts

PostFri Jun 08, 07 10:23 am     Reply with quote

been riding a fuse for about 8 months all winter anyhow this board is super fun..i got it as a beater for low tide surf when the reef bones out and are breathing heavey and didnt want to ruin my srt with its long fins...and yes it can take a beating..,,,its wide and has concave tip to tip so it goes to weather unreal.....came with 4 2 in surf fins and 2 wake style long base ...ive tryed all combos and found it to be a bit slippery so i added a set of long surf fins off a old ss surf...was good staying toes side and acted directional.....but going backwards the fins grabbed ..as the nose kick wasent as steep.....then just a few days ago i put a set of 2.5 rail fins from the same surf 150 might be hard to find they came stock have about a 3 in base....on the back then 2in surf fuse on the rail and the wake style on the nose.......magic.....works like a twin tip....but surfs like directional.......this board is like a cheat code.....for any one who rides wake style looking to surf....it slides it chicken jibes and runs and if you get to square off it throws buckets.......it takes some time to wire as it flexes huge...has lots of concave and lots of placement...i had to widen my stance quite a bit and ride backfoot all the way back front foot center puka or foward......then when the tide comes back going to my 5-5 srt is a natural evelution and feels like a race car.....as far as i know the fuse is a hard board to find......least when i got mine.but a great board for anyones quiver from learning to burning ...oh ya it fits into my nsi golf bag so it is a good traveler tight but makes it ..... Arrow Arrow Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostSat Jun 09, 07 1:25 pm     Reply with quote

If you are interested in trying a Fuse out, we have a demo Fuse available for test rides at 2nd Wind Sports.

I've personally been riding our demo a bit and have actually been impressed with how easy it was to get dialed in on the riding style of the board. It is a bit flexy, but it turns super hard and tight, with a lot of power. It definitely bites deeper into the water when carving (at least more than a twin-tip), which allows you to carve with power and lots of control.
One other detail is that the board rides well as a twin in fakey mode.

A test ride is the best thing to do for determining if this is the board for you.

Pepi

www.Purestokesports.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: