Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Reedin Kiteboarding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
elliotts_travels

Since 20 Aug 2016
14 Posts

PostWed May 27, 20 10:19 am    Reedin Kiteboarding Reply with quote

Hey Pacific Northwest Kiters!

First, let me introduce myself to those of you who do not know me. My name is Elliott Tauscher and I am a Hood River local that graduated from high school here in 2010. Growing up in the Gorge, the Hood River community showed me the value of what it truly meant to work together and outdoor sports in particular wind sports, was massively influential in my development to becoming what I guess is now "adult" me. You might recognize me from teaching for Kite The Gorge from 2006-2012ish or from my social media spam of traveling the world kiteboarding and working or more recently, being the Western North American Sales Rep for Naish USA, KT Surfing and MFC Hawaii. For most of my teens and early twenties I knew that one day I wanted to start my own company and give back to the community that has done so much for me. Little did I know I would get that opportunity before I turned thirty. At the start of this year, 2020, I was offered the opportunity to work alongside two of the most talented and inspirational athletes and kite engineer in the kiteboarding industry, Kevin Langeree and Damien Girardin as their United States and Central American Distributors. With my 15+ years of experience working in the kiteboarding industry along with a bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship, my two partners Ana Davis and Kaleb Moga and our relationships within community members who are a lot smarter than us, we are beyond excited to tackle some of the big issues we see in the industry. We also realize we cannot do this alone and heck we don't really want to. We are in the process and will continue to grow an ambassador community of like-minded, or not so like-minded (we love people who can shed a different angle of light on a situation) like you all along the way to help not just us succeed but the kiteboarding industry as a whole. So, if you would like to be a part, big or small, in this new venture please reach out to us at sales@reedinusa.com. Alright that’s enough rambling about myself, now let's get to the good part.

With access spots slowly starting to open up and more people getting on the water I am sure some of you have already seen some Reedin Kites around the Gorge. We have been getting asked a lot of lately where/when people can try them and this has been an immense internal debate on how we are going to do this with COVID times. We want to be as respectful to our community as possible and as safe as possible. We all three have parents in the high-risk category and one of the perks of living in your hometown is we get to see them more often than not. This brings me to the real reason I am making this post. I am so excited to be able to finally and officially announce our partnership with Dougs Hood River, formally Dougs Sports. Starting next week, we will have a stocked Reedin Kiteboarding Demo Center powered by Dougs where anyone local (for now) can call and make a reservation to demo the SuperModel and DreamStick. We will be following all guidelines written out by the CDC to maximize the safety of our clients and our employees while also being able to spread the Reedin stoke and finally get the SuperModel into your hands. Please please please do remember we are trying our hardest to make this possible and will be constantly evolving with the changing guidelines so be respectful. We want to get the kites into your hands just as badly as you want to fly a SuperModel.

If you have any questions at all regarding anything I typed above please send me an email to elliott@reedinusa.com or reach out to Dougs Hood River to schedule your kiteboarding demo.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my ramble and I cannot wait to see you all on the water hopefully soon!

Instagram: @reedin.usa
Facebook @Reedinkitesusa

Obakarama

Since 29 Jun 2019
47 Posts

PostWed May 27, 20 11:48 am     Reply with quote

Where are these kites made ?

elliotts_travels

Since 20 Aug 2016
14 Posts

PostWed May 27, 20 2:36 pm     Reply with quote

Kites are made in China with high density triple rip stop from Teijin.

west

Since 09 Oct 2008
136 Posts
Lake Michigan
Stoked

PostFri May 29, 20 7:18 am     Reply with quote

I’ve seen Damien kiting on the last of the prototypes and the first batch from the factory over the last several months at lanes on Maui. I was intrigued with the trailing edge and the unique wingtip design. Damien’s talents are well known and I appreciate that he took the time to answer my questions about the kites. The Reedin kites are very well made and the kite looked fast, smooth and responsive as Damien was ripping up the last big swell of the season at Ho’okipa.
Nice to know that there will be kite demos in the Gorge; I’m looking to give one a spin myself. Check ‘em out to see a new vision from an established master designer! Good luck with the venture, great to see the passion!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: