Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Rock Creek, now locals (97040) only!
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Thatspec

Since 17 Mar 2008
115 Posts
Ptucky
Stoked

PostThu Apr 23, 20 7:35 pm    Re: Rock Creek, now locals (97040) only! Reply with quote

mbgtewq!
Last edited by Thatspec on Thu Apr 23, 20 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

ay

Since 11 Oct 2008
109 Posts
HR - ME
Stoked

PostThu Apr 23, 20 7:42 pm     Reply with quote

bigjohn wrote:
ay wrote:
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) IS NOT the "seasonal" flu.

No, but we will solve this some day. It's just gonna take a while.

I completely agree with you thanks to science and medicine (ie. vaccine), but mortality is entirely dependent on how we act until then.

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Apr 23, 20 8:16 pm     Reply with quote

ay wrote:

Just watched this report regarding understanding how Covid-19 affects our body. Gotta say it gave me a whole new level of appreciation for AY's statement.

We are lucky to be on the west coast right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soNC8nhk6Yc

MikeZ

Since 17 Jul 2012
207 Posts
Beaverton / Seaside / Govy
Stoked

PostThu Apr 23, 20 8:39 pm     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:
OK, but if you aren't from Camas/Washougal you better stay away from Rooster awesome Westerlies! These are mine! Wink And those others who are from southern Camas. Maybe Washougal, but they're a bit further from the river, so no. South Camas gets Rooster this Summer. Mine. Smile

Fair ‘nuff.

I’m taking the North Coast beaches (Clatsop County). And while we’re at it, I’m also taking the south/west slopes of Mt Hood (Clackamas County). I pay taxes in both those spots.

The rest of y’all stay put...

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu Apr 23, 20 9:03 pm     Reply with quote

MikeZ wrote:

I’m taking the North Coast beaches (Clatsop County)... I pay taxes in both those spots.

That makes a lot of sense. However, the oceans are seeing a big impact from climate change. Instead of taxes, or locality, I think those who are taking care of the oceans by reducing their carbon footprint the most obviously are the ones who should actually be considered "Local to the Ocean." Hmmm. Obviously, the only ones who should be kiting in the ocean are those who have invested in solar power or EVs. Those that invest in both would have first priority of course. I think the whales would agree. Now, right off the top of my head I have no idea who that would be, but it just seems fair to me. Listen to the whales, and I'm sure you'll agree.

MikeZ

Since 17 Jul 2012
207 Posts
Stoked

PostThu Apr 23, 20 9:24 pm     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:
That makes a lot of sense. However, the oceans are seeing a big impact from climate change. Instead of taxes, or locality, I think those who are taking care of the oceans by reducing their carbon footprint the most obviously are the ones who should actually be considered "Local to the Ocean." Hmmm. Obviously, the only ones who should be kiting in the ocean are those who have invested in solar power or EVs. Those that invest in both would have first priority of course. I think the whales would agree. Now, right off the top of my head I have no idea who that would be, but it just seems fair to me. Listen to the whales, and I'm sure you'll agree.

Double fair ‘nuff.

My primary vehicle (after my bike) is an EV. No, not a Tesla. My work is in renewable energy. Wind, and get this, solar.

The whales and I are simpatico. I like the way you think. I’ll put a good word in with them for you.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu Apr 23, 20 9:29 pm     Reply with quote

Very cool! It's agreed then; we'll share the ocean.

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostFri Apr 24, 20 2:40 am     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:
MikeZ wrote:

I’m taking the North Coast beaches (Clatsop County)... I pay taxes in both those spots.

Lowest lowest carbon footprint goes to the homeless. If you have a huge house or multiple residences that you need to buy a bunch of solar panels and batteries from China to power your multiple TVs also made in China, you do not get the claim you are concerned about the environment. It's easily provable that you are truly only concerned with your image and making yourself feel better.

I mean, can you even imagine how residents of India, China, or the Philippines feel about an American citizen trying to getting closer to nature by buying products that pollute and destroy the environment in their countries so that we can feel like we are saving the Earth? The hypocrisy and hubris is thick in the West.

Last edited by Matt V on Fri Apr 24, 20 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostFri Apr 24, 20 2:50 am     Reply with quote

ay wrote:

I guess I did not realize this. Can you explain to me how it is different if you give someone with pre-existing health conditions, the seasonal flu, and they die vs if you give someone with pre-existing health conditions Coronavirus and they die?

Is it just that with one virus, society has decided that you are not responsible for their death, but because it is a different virus that you gave them, then you are responsible for their death? I am still having problems understanding how that is different.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 24, 20 6:32 am     Reply with quote

Matt V wrote:

Lowest lowest carbon footprint goes to the homeless. If you have a huge house or multiple residences that you need to buy a bunch of solar panels and batteries from China to power your multiple TVs also made in China, you do not get the claim you are concerned about the environment. It's easily provable that you are truly only concerned with your image and making yourself feel better.

I mean, can you even imagine how residents of India, China, or the Philippines feel about an American citizen trying to getting closer to nature by buying products that pollute and destroy the environment in their countries so that we can feel like we are saving the Earth? The hypocrisy and hubris is thick in the West.

Wow Matt, way to be a buzz kill and get your panties in a wad over an exchange that was clearly meant to be humorous, something meant to lighten the moment. We all need a little humor to help get through this, so maybe lighten up.

This isn't the subject here, nor is it humorous so I won't respond to your temper tantrum other than to say your logic is so full of holes you could drive your van through it.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 24, 20 6:41 am     Reply with quote

dude abides wrote:
Nak wrote:
@Dude abides, I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm thinking Matt V's post may have been sarcastic. I'm just guessing though. Wink

@Nak - Sorry, not buying the sarcasm. lotta explosive diarrhea about anti-tourism and localism to save the day.

In my defense, I did say that I was going out on a limb! Wink

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Apr 24, 20 7:25 am     Reply with quote

I think we simply need Lysol and needle stations at all recreation sites:

“ After a presentation Thursday that touched on the disinfectants that can kill the novel coronavirus on surfaces and in the air, President Trump pondered whether those chemicals could be used to fight the virus inside the human body.
“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during Thursday’s coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

MikeZ

Since 17 Jul 2012
207 Posts
Stoked

PostFri Apr 24, 20 7:30 am     Reply with quote

Stable Genius to the rescue!

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 24, 20 7:30 am     Reply with quote

Sure, makes sense, you go first...

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Apr 24, 20 7:32 am     Reply with quote

DARN!! THERE GOES THAT PLAN:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-105047346.html

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Apr 24, 20 7:37 am     Reply with quote

eric wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-105047346.html

Oops! Embarassed i don't feel so good.

MikeZ

Since 17 Jul 2012
207 Posts
Stoked

PostFri Apr 24, 20 7:38 am     Reply with quote

eric wrote:

Two words: generic bleach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: