Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Snowkiting in MT…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
noah

Since 19 Oct 2006
171 Posts
Bozeman, Montana
Stoked

PostThu Apr 09, 20 5:16 pm    Snowkiting in MT… Reply with quote

…social distancing has been easy, we drive alone, we snowmobile apart, and then we kite. Last Saturday was a typical day of seeking out the goods. This day we headed into the Gravellys. Our first stop was Monument Ridge, located directly north of Black Butte, the highest peak in the Gravelly Range. I had kited Monument Ridge once before, many years ago, on a storm day. Strong south winds were evident throughout our 20 mile snowmobile ride into the Gravellys. Once we arrived atop Monument Ridge we knew we were in for a top ten day.

Joe and Julian both flew 13m kites, I flew my 11m Ozone Hyperlink v2. We were all well powered and had a great time kiting the Ridge. While it is only a couple square miles, there are may wind lips, blow outs and features to session. The expansiveness, of having 6-800 vertical, lap after lap, isolated in a high mountain setting, was very satisfying.

G0081297.jpg 
   52f7f793-1cf9-48df-acec-a970e718473a.JPG 
   a08babc9-9483-458b-b31e-782dae5206f0.JPG 
   aG0132756.jpg 
   aG0091492.jpg 
   aMonument Ridge 1.jpg 

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 10, 20 12:46 am    Re: Snowkiting in MT… Reply with quote

noah wrote:
…social distancing has been easy, we drive alone, we snowmobile apart, and then we kite.

Noah,

I loved the pictures. Glad someone is having fun!!!

However, I feel the urge to point out something with regards to your social distancing.

You drove alone, you snowmobiled apart, and you kited (from the pics much more than 6' distance separation)...

then you posted!!!

I feel your posting devalued your social distancing.

Don't get me wrong.
I love your posts...
I enjoyed looking at the pics...

However, I question if posting kiting pictures at this time is appropriate... Even if you did follow proper social distancing protocols.

To me it is more about the message than the details.

Just sayin cause most of us here are chompin at the bit to get on the water... But, are choosing not to because we believe it is the right thing to do.

Your posting only increases the urge for the rest of us to follow suit. Something that probably isn't in the best interest of the greater good for all.

noah

Since 19 Oct 2006
171 Posts
Bozeman, Montana
Stoked

PostFri Apr 10, 20 10:20 am     Reply with quote

My mistake. Sorry for posting.

- Noah

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 10, 20 10:27 am     Reply with quote

Go have fun that the rest of us can only dream about in areas where no one can see you.

Just don't tell us about it Very Happy

Looking forward to your posts after we figure out how to get through these crazy times.

Thatspec

Since 17 Mar 2008
115 Posts
Ptucky
Stoked

PostFri Apr 10, 20 11:13 am     Reply with quote

Please continue posting, any sense of normalcy is appreciated.

Somebody needs to get after it, take some risk, and keep our rural hospitals in business before we taxpayers have to bail them out too Rolling Eyes

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 10, 20 1:37 pm     Reply with quote

Yea, show folks it is still possible to have a life. I’m still riding (sorry if that upsets you) and haven’t posted pics only because I have no camera worth a damn. Get it! Laughing

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 10, 20 2:05 pm     Reply with quote

Baja beaches closed???

https://themazatlanpost.com/2020/03/29/all-beaches-in-la-paz-closed-until-further-notice/?fbclid=IwAR0sG3xf-jdNNhnfuFvQFc_UiQEE0p23ykGy1LJVmmwDOUx4UDsC7r0GcCU

Quote:
“The national visitors are the most reluctant to leave the beach, but the people from La Paz are staying at home, and following the dispositions of the local authorities,” Susana Rubio Lucero said.

The Mazatlan Post

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 10, 20 2:33 pm     Reply with quote

A friend has a house out of town out of the La Paz district right on the beach. So, just like you can get to the water with a boat, you can get straight to the water for other reasons. Not hanging on the beach. The locals (without being too specific) seem fine with it.
Also, Mex 1 from Guerrero Negro to Mulege is closed. The locals there don’t want any extra ‘help’ from outsiders. Turning into a tribal, us vs them issue. Ripe for trouble but not yet.

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 10, 20 3:46 pm     Reply with quote

knotwindy wrote:
A friend has a house out of town out of the La Paz district right on the beach. So, just like you can get to the water with a boat, you can get straight to the water for other reasons. Not hanging on the beach. The locals (without being too specific) seem fine with it.
Also, Mex 1 from Guerrero Negro to Mulege is closed. The locals there don’t want any extra ‘help’ from outsiders. Turning into a tribal, us vs them issue. Ripe for trouble but not yet.

Mantente seguro mi amigo

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Apr 10, 20 4:08 pm     Reply with quote

Casi siempre, gracias. Y tu tambien. .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: