Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Doug's Beach shaping up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Dec 23, 19 8:40 am    Doug's Beach shaping up Reply with quote

Yo, As all of you banter about where you're going to spend money this winter kiting, and what your new expensive toys are, and look at me using them... please consider we're running out of good, safe, in the good wind zone, kite beaches here in da Gorge. There's a link at the very top of the forum to CGW2 that needs to be used by EVERYONE who owns a kite, windsurfer, SUP, foil f##K##g whatever, outrigger canoe,.... blah blah blah toy talk here... GOT IT!!!!
We have totally impressed Wa State Parks with the passion we've displayed with this kitebeach launch project. So much so that Adam(park ranger) wants to learn to kite.
BART NEEDS MONEY TO GET THIS DONE. the ball is rolling and I don't want it to stop until it's done CORRECTLY. With more funds CGW2 can lever it's position with the state and open eyes, that here in the Gorge we're serious about our recreation and it is the staple of our economy, and this beach will become an integral connection for the two. When done, it will be beautiful and a sought after spot for non windy day activities by tourist running around spending their money at local wineries, watering holes, etc.
WE( kiters and a couple windsurfers) worked saturday cutting, raking, burning, covering the path with woodchips, pulling boulders, etc. Lots more to do. Put a rake, loppers and shovel in your rig and stop in from time to time and do what you can. Thanks, you'll all be wanting to use this launch eventually, as often, Doug's is the only good wind spot. Maybe forego that latte today and send CGW2 the money. Thanks, Merry Christmas!(all I want for Christmas is a new kitebeach, a new kitebeach, a new kitebeach...) Inflictor Out

McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostMon Dec 23, 19 12:59 pm    Return the Favor Reply with quote

Great idea Victor!!

How about we show some HOLIDAY SUPPORT and make a wave of DONATIONS to CGW2 to support the effort - pick your favorite cause: Victor, Bart, Adam the new kiter from WA Parks, or the new awesome launch into a premiere section of the Columbia for YOU & your toy du jour.

It only takes a couple minutes - and you can even do it from Baja cause I know it's been dead all week - COME ON PEEPS - this is EASY.

I just gave $100 and yes I am already a member of CGW2 - this is less than I'm gonna spend on lift tickets over the next two weeks for a lifetime (let's hope) of access to a Classic Gorge spot.

I know there is a lot of support out there - What CAN YOU do to help out???

As they say in Missouri - SHOW ME

https://cgw2.org/product/donation-to-cgwa/

Mc

Last edited by McLovin on Tue Feb 04, 20 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

kt

Since 16 Mar 2005
759 Posts
Portland, Or
Opinionated

PostFri Jan 03, 20 10:21 am     Reply with quote

Just donated. Thanks for the reminder.

kt

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
697 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostSat Jan 04, 20 7:06 pm     Reply with quote

thanks for the reminder Inflictor, donating now, looking forward to the new vibe at Dougs this spring!

3MaCs

Since 27 Jul 2015
43 Posts
Wisconsin

PostWed Jan 08, 20 7:07 am    Dun Reply with quote

Donated!
...and...
Joined CGW2!

Looking forward to returning to Doug's next Aug.
Out of state, but feel thankful for the local's hard work!

Last edited by 3MaCs on Mon Jan 13, 20 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Jan 13, 20 8:49 am    THANKS! Reply with quote

Thanks you guys, means alot. Lyle's Kool for Kiting,( hmmm.. just made that up, ha) my 1st kiteboard hangs on the wall at the local bar, Doug's is gonna be really nice when done right. Put the pinch on everyone you know, I don't want to chirp too much. thx

McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostTue Feb 04, 20 1:15 pm    Making DOUG's Great Again... Reply with quote

For those that may not know...something has been made from NOTHING, at least that is a new KITE +++ Spot has been slowly taking shape from what was quite literally a forrest of dense shrub/trees at DOUG's BEACH.

A TON of work has already been done, but NOW is the time to pitch in time, effort or money to CGW2 or all the above - if you can - to help get this place buffed out for posterity. That said, please consider getting off your posterior and helping out - It won't happen by itself, even though there are many of us, we are still a relatively small community.

Here are a few pics from FEB 1st which was BTW mid 50 degrees and blew 8m all afternoon. Do you think this spot might get the WEST WINDS? See how the TREES are GROWING Thumb's Up - haha.

Best thing you can do with your clothes on - Let's make it GREAT

THANKS VICTOR!!! and BART and everyone who is already making it great again.

P out

Mc

2020-02-04_12-55-11.png 
   2020-02-04_12-55-37.png 
   2020-02-04_12-56-01.png 

Clyde S. Dale

Since 23 Jul 2016
55 Posts

PostTue Feb 04, 20 6:25 pm     Reply with quote

I wish I was out there to help ! I'd bring my excavator, bobcat and multiple attachments and have these launches cleared in a day ,oh well you guys are doing just fine, hard work with a purpose builds friendships ! Looks good.

ay

Since 11 Oct 2008
109 Posts
HR - ME
Stoked

PostWed Feb 05, 20 4:20 pm     Reply with quote

Awesome work and am now a member. THANKS

Bill C

Since 15 Sep 2005
202 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostWed Feb 05, 20 6:30 pm     Reply with quote

Clyde S. Dale wrote:
I wish I was out there to help ! I'd bring my excavator, bobcat and multiple attachments and have these launches cleared in a day ,oh well you guys are doing just fine, hard work with a purpose builds friendships ! Looks good.

Well, if I had several $million laying around, I would pay contractors to finish the project.
Keep up the good work.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostWed Feb 05, 20 9:50 pm     Reply with quote

Just renewed my CGW2 annual for our family. Money well spent.

Thanks for all of the hard work, be it with the shovel, or the pen.

Best,
Eric & family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: