Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Passion is Back!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
144 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Oct 06, 19 6:10 am    Passion is Back! Reply with quote

Absolutely fantastic exibition of passion for our sport yesterday at Doug's Beach! Bart and I thank you all for showing what can be accomplished quickly and efficiently with numbers AND passion. I'm not at all techy and neither is Bart.(it took me an hour to peck this) All this has to be put out on social media around the world NOW to see the future of increased EQUAL access for ALL of our river sports. He needs numbers (money),i.e. increased membership.
SO, please start spreading this word around social media forums across all watersports( with Stringy's as usual incredibly stoking shots) that use the river( paddlers, foilers, fishermen,outrigger canoers, waterskiers, sightseers, family picknickers, everyone who loves the outdoors, etc.) as all will be now be benefiting from KITERS really hard work and show the world that passion is back in Da Gorge.
Our fearless leader coined a phrase years ago Attitude Is Everything. Let's get it back we're on the right track and change some attitudes towards kiters to get more access for all. Join up and start shaming your friends (in all sports) into sending CGW2 membership money.
Inflictor out

daveS

Since 23 Jul 2007
101 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Oct 06, 19 7:32 am    How about a CGW2 sticky Reply with quote

NWkite could use a sticky with a connection to CGW2 membership info
https://cgw2.org/product/cgwa-membership/

realharry

Since 03 Nov 2008
31 Posts
Oregon

PostSun Oct 06, 19 9:32 am     Reply with quote

There were some non-kiters helping as well.
Cool

I propose we call this beach “Inflictors”.
Recognition long overdue for one of our most enthusiastic and the most hardcore members in The Gorge. Cool

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostMon Oct 07, 19 8:20 am    Re: How about a CGW2 sticky Reply with quote

daveS wrote:
NWkite could use a sticky with a connection to CGW2 membership info
https://cgw2.org/product/cgwa-membership/

Per your request. . . sticky'ed

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-47516.html

Karp

Since 11 Mar 2015
42 Posts
Mt Hood

PostMon Oct 07, 19 10:28 am     Reply with quote

Stoked! I second the notion the new beach should be called
Inflictors!

McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostMon Oct 07, 19 12:24 pm    Just DOUGS Reply with quote

Glad to be able to help out with the project and see many familiar faces doing the same.

In terms of the naming issue, IMHO it's just Doug's.

It's ALWAYS been Doug's and kinda seems like it should stay the same. Just like all of us water users coming together under CGW2 (JOIN NOW if you haven't) best to share stories and a beer with everyone no matter what toy they pick for that day on the water at DOUG's just like always...

Looking forward to the new site for afternoon goodness.

Thanks again.

Mc

TravisBickleRex

Since 30 Jun 2005
313 Posts

Taxi Driver

PostTue Oct 08, 19 8:14 am    Re: Just DOUGS Reply with quote

McLovin wrote:
DOUG's just like always...

If history is important to you, "Victor's" is the clear choice. Who else has 35+ wind seasons in the gorge, and this year windsurfed Pistol one day in cataclysmic wave conditions, kited the next and then windsurfed Arlington the day after. Not just one session each day either but up to 3 session a day. Some mixing kiting and windsurfing on the same day. The man is the elder statesman of the wind, and king of the gorge in my book. He's been slaying in the swell and waves literally longer than many of you hav been alive. Put simply, he's a wind sport beast who deserves all of our recognition. I honestly can't think of a guy who gone pedal-to-the-metal, balls out, windsporting for longer and harder than Victor. And he's still got the pedal-to-the-metal. I didn't catch his pep talk before the work party, but I'm certain that it was a doozy and made some of you wonder, what exactly is powering this seemingly nuclear fusion powered beast.

So yeah, call it whatever you want, but I'm calling it Victor's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: