Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

5th-line setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
cjbpdx

Since 15 Mar 2005
13 Posts

PostThu Jul 28, 05 8:26 pm    5th-line setup Reply with quote

hey everyone...

i was hoping to get some advice and a diagram from someone on how ot set up a 5th line for my kites. i spoke with kitekarl about it last summer...seems like his home-made system worked pretty well.

if anyone can help me out with a diagram and words of wisdom as to how well they work for relaunch assistance, etc......that'd be great!

safe riding...

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostThu Jul 28, 05 9:25 pm     Reply with quote

If it's good at Sauvies tomorrow like it was today I'll be there and I'll help you set it up if ya got the parts. If not we can make a list. Wink

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostFri Jul 29, 05 7:44 am     Reply with quote

Here's a good one for Naish 4-line to 5th line setup: http://www.herschers.com/

cjbpdx

Since 15 Mar 2005
13 Posts

PostFri Jul 29, 05 4:04 pm    5th line Reply with quote

no sauvies for me tonite.....gotta work. but thanks for the reply and i'd love a 'parts list' and a diagram. does it really make relaunching that much easier or is it "six or one-half dozen"?

cjb

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostFri Jul 29, 05 9:51 pm     Reply with quote

It's alot easier to relaunch, especially in light wind. You can even save the kite from tacoing back in the window by pulling on the 5th. Plus, self landings are super easy. It's the next best thing to having a crossbow... Smile

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostSat Jul 30, 05 6:52 am     Reply with quote

Agreed - I just ordered my Crossbow!! Time to sell all three of my current quiver. Very Happy

rhysen

Since 20 Jul 2005
20 Posts

PostSun Jul 31, 05 8:41 pm    I am selling my Naish bar and lines, one month old. Reply with quote

If you want the 5th line system you can buy mine for a sweet deal, I just bought the new Crossbow and won't need it.

Email me if interested bob@homespectinc.com

pauls

Since 20 Jun 2005
562 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

PostFri Aug 05, 05 8:47 am     Reply with quote

hey CJB i followed the link for setting up a 5th line and then onto the highasakite.com link. they made it really simple just tie the 5th pigtail round the centre strut if you don't have a pump leash loop. so yesterday i did just that - used the naish instructions to help me figure out length on my kite - results were fantastic!!! made relaunching in the light wind with big kite 10 times easier and self landing much, much less hassle and stress. Thanks for posting that question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: