Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Keeping it real and keeping it real safe!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostWed May 30, 07 5:19 am    Keeping it real and keeping it real safe! Reply with quote

Very Happy I would like to thank all of the people who responded to my question about safety at the event site. It seems like I'm not going to win any popularity contests by asking tough questions about the safety of kiteboarding.

Some positive things came from the posts:
1. Talk to people and check to see if they are aware of the zone.
2. I'm gay.
3. If somebody's gear is really old tell them about the benifits of taking a real lesson and buying a good kite.
4. FUD= Fear Uncertainty and Doubt~ Don't post it! Evil or Very Mad
5. Some signs are going to be posted and maybe some bouys as well.
6. The dangler thinks I have an axe to grind, LOL
7. My avitar is weak

Well here's to ya!! I'm going to keep posting my questions and comments just to see what people think. I appreciate the positive stuff for sure!

Later

TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostWed May 30, 07 6:37 am     Reply with quote

Right on bulae99, keep the positive vibe flowing. Just think like a consultant, even if you have something controversal to say, say it with a positive vibe and a smile on your face.

Just remember, one of these guys may end up saving your live someday.

tekko

Since 20 Feb 2006
376 Posts
White Salmon
Liquid Force

PostWed May 30, 07 6:40 am     Reply with quote

If you are so amped to talk safety, check out www.fksa.org

Rick Iossi is the most safety minded kiter I have heard of. He would love to spend countless hours with you evaluating every little detail of kiteboarding saftey issues.

I'm sure it is nothing personal... but most peeps around here would rather talk about riding.

After you an Rick are done evaluating the situation and have decided it is too dangerous to kiteboard, you can come back and tall us all about it. By then, most of us will have (safely) ridden another 10 sessions.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed May 30, 07 7:26 am    Re: Keeping it real and keeping it real safe! Reply with quote

bulae99 wrote:
2. I'm gay.

Don't worry dude, we all have a little gay inside ourselves.

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostWed May 30, 07 7:45 am     Reply with quote

dont forget

8. you learned how to spell ciao correctly Laughing Laughing Laughing

shastadogs2

Since 28 Mar 2005
336 Posts

Obsessed

PostWed May 30, 07 8:44 am     Reply with quote

man, i love this place!

i really do.

jimmi

tstansbury

Since 06 Jun 2006
649 Posts
Rowena and P.C
Addicted

PostWed May 30, 07 8:58 am     Reply with quote

Forrest I am not sure how to take your statement. I assume you are talking about where you hide your gay midget and this image is now burned into my brain.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostWed May 30, 07 9:03 am     Reply with quote

9. And we all learned a new word: "masterbatory" Shocked

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed May 30, 07 9:24 am     Reply with quote

haha, You should take my statement how gay people take it! Smile

Just kidding. How's this for gay... Sunday at Lyle when it was howling like 35 to 40, I launched and my red steering line float was wrapped around my bar. Got a nice lofting as the kite shot over my head to the other side of the window before I figured out what was going on. Took me just a second to realize then I just pushed it off the end of the bar and all was well.

Only one dude saw me but he wasn't afraid to shake his head in disbelief, tell me I should be wearing a helmet, and make me feel like a kook. Guess I deserved that for not double checking everything before I launched.

tstansbury wrote:
Forrest I am not sure how to take your statement. I assume you are talking about where you hide your gay midget and this image is now burned into my brain.

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostWed May 30, 07 9:29 am     Reply with quote

Forrest,
Ikite showed some gust values over 50 that day, and the sensor there is in a bad spot. So yeah, I think we were all kooks for being out that day Smile I weigh over 200lbs, and when I am getting dragged across the beach by a 7m, I think its time to put the kite down and slowly back away from the water Smile

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostWed May 30, 07 9:40 am     Reply with quote

wylieflyote wrote:
9. And we all learned a new word: "masterbatory" Shocked

mastAbatory not masterbatory, dude, that is just sick.

to give credit where credit is do, I learned the word from writer Tim Cahill where he described two teenagers in a parked car getting high by themselves amidst a big party scene as mastabatory. If you like clever and funny writing, check him out. Tim is a traveling madman.

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostWed May 30, 07 2:24 pm     Reply with quote

Kodiak wrote:
I weigh over 200lbs, and when I am getting dragged across the beach by a 7m, I think its time to put the kite down and slowly back away from the water

then i'm definately a kook cause i tried to take my 9m (the yellow frame and green canopy) out and i only weigh like 80 kilos. It was definately time to put the kite down and back away from the water.

i did however instantly recognize the danger in what i was doing and came in almost immediately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: