Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

ikitesurf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
surfncap

Since 06 Mar 2007
77 Posts
NE

PostTue May 29, 07 8:41 pm    ikitesurf Reply with quote

Everyone I know has i windsurf. First person with ikitesurf to go to the recommend a friend button at bottom of page gets 20$ credit and helps me save 20. Thanx surfkiter@gmail.com

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostTue May 29, 07 8:45 pm     Reply with quote

Done and done.
Mark

www.naishkites.com

Diggy

Since 25 Nov 2006
342 Posts
Gorge to Coast
Obsessed

PostTue May 29, 07 10:04 pm     Reply with quote

I'm thinking about signing up at ikitesurf to get wind reports sent to my e-mail. Seems like there is a lot a data available for free but I kinda like the idea of reminders when conditions are right since often I can bolt on moments notice (but those times should be used wisely.)

Am I wasting my money? Are e-mail alerts available for free somewhere else? Will this help me learn more about the wind and how conditions set up?

I don't mind supporting the community, will memberships at ikitesurf help set up more wind sensors (is this needed?).

Anyway, looks like if someone refers me I save $20 and you make $20.

So, are any of those nwkite.com stickers still available?

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed May 30, 07 6:06 am     Reply with quote

Diggy - I like Ikitesurf mostly for the WAP interface (so I can get to sensor readings and forecasts on my cell phone.) I do use the email alert function for Scappoose, but for everywhere else I just check the wind.

If you get your "MyIKitesurf" page setup, you can put all of the sensors for the Coast, Portland, and the Gorge on one page. Its really nice, especially for the Gorge. They have a lot of sensors in the Gorge where normally there are few publicly available sensors that are reliable.

So my general opinion is YES its worth it, especially at $10 a month its super cheap.

On the decals, yeah I still got a few left in red/white, ordering details are here:

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-261.html

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostWed May 30, 07 6:11 am     Reply with quote

One more nice thing about Ikitesurf/iwindsurf is they have sensors all over the country. So if you go to Maui/South Padre/Hatteras/California/Florida/etc.... you can use your phone to check readings.

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostWed May 30, 07 6:48 am     Reply with quote

psssst.... check out sailflow.com....

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed May 30, 07 7:19 am     Reply with quote

I only pay iKitesurf for the human forecasts, pays for itself in gas when you don't get skunked anymore. I use the WAP stuff on occasion.

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostWed May 30, 07 7:44 am     Reply with quote

Forrest wrote:
I only pay iKitesurf for the human forecasts, pays for itself in gas when you don't get skunked anymore. I use the WAP stuff on occasion.

yea, too bad the forecasts this year have been off more times than they've been accurate. The extended forecasts have been decent tho.

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed May 30, 07 7:53 am     Reply with quote

magicmaker wrote:
yea, too bad the forecasts this year have been off more times than they've been accurate. The extended forecasts have been decent tho.

I've noticed that they're more conservative this year. I'm not in HR full-time yet, to watch it everyday. Have you noticed the same?

magicmaker

Since 29 Oct 2006
895 Posts
da Hood
Opinionated

PostWed May 30, 07 8:17 am     Reply with quote

yea, more conservative would be a really accurate statement about the forecasts. I just hate it, cause i read the forecast, think, oh my 13m will be money, and if it picks up a little i'll be all right, and if it dies, then i'll still be ripping when everybody else is slogging. but then it turns out i need my 11m or 9m and am totally lit outta my gord on my 13m Twisted Evil

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostWed May 30, 07 10:22 am     Reply with quote

I really dig the ability to check on my cell what it is doing in the gorge. The human write ups are cool as well to help you understand what causes the wind around here to develop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: