Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Ozone Reo V5 stoke - bring back unhooked!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostSun Jun 16, 19 6:57 am    Ozone Reo V5 stoke - bring back unhooked! Reply with quote

Stoked on a kite that I can unhook and it doesn't back stall. I ordered the large loop for my bars and took off the retention thingy. Super easy to unhook and hook back in. I am running 20M lines on small and medium bars for the small sizes and 23M with longer bar on the 9M.

Finally got to put away my custom pulley bars, '05 5M Fuel and Airush 5.5 Generator and 7.0 Reactor Kites.

Anybody else ever unhook? I can't transition or ride a wave hooked in. It feels so awkward with the kite connected and pulling at my waist.

Can't wait to learn to foil with these awesome kites. Love how they pivot turn with bar pointed at the kite.

Many thanks to Ozone and Dave Tyburski for the setting me up with the Reo V quiver. And also Boarding Bob for suggesting I look at Ozone.

All the best,
Hein

MasPedos

Since 05 May 2017
94 Posts
Kihei Hey Hey

PostSun Jun 16, 19 8:36 am    Ozone Catalyst Reply with quote

Agree,
I first started teaching on Ozone Kite back in 2016. The Catalyst was and is a great kite for learning your chops on as well.

I'm gonna demo the V5 Today at Kanaha.

I remember watching you kite with pully bars and no straps before anybody was doing it.

I asked you why no straps and you gave a me a story about how you had bunions on your feet.

LOL

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostSun Jun 16, 19 12:22 pm     Reply with quote

The Reo is an amazing kite. I describe it as the kite that can do no wrong. ride straight at it on the swell and it just keeps drifting down the line. Downloop it on a wave and it doesn't dive to the water. sheet in all the way and the kite hangs with no backstage. sheet out all the way and the power turns off. I foil with mine and ride a surfboard so I can't comment on how they jump but I have a feeling they will do that well too.
2nd Wind Sports in Hood River will have them in stock soon.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostSun Jun 16, 19 1:06 pm    Re: Ozone Catalyst Reply with quote

MasPedos wrote:
Agree,
I first started teaching on Ozone Kite back in 2016. The Catalyst was and is a great kite for learning your chops on as well.

I'm gonna demo the V5 Today at Kanaha.

I remember watching you kite with pully bars and no straps before anybody was doing it.

I asked you why no straps and you gave a me a story about how you had bunions on your feet.

LOL

Agree on all points. Except the story about bunions. Never had trouble with my feet - thankfully. Started riding strapless because wake-style and going big was taking it's toll and surf is just more fun unstrapped.

All the best,
Hein

MasPedos

Since 05 May 2017
94 Posts
Kihei Hey Hey

PostSun Jun 16, 19 8:28 pm    Yea, I was joking. Reply with quote

You did say that you hurt your ankle or something like that. lol

Pepi

Since 16 Jun 2006
1831 Posts
Pure Stoke Sports
Shop Owner

CGKA Member

PostTue Jun 18, 19 8:49 am     Reply with quote

As the new Ozone dealer for Hood River, we should have the REOs along with Enduros, Alphas, Hyperlinks and Unos at the shop hopefully by or before July 4th week.

So, if any of you are wanting to follow in Hein's footsteps, give us a shout.

www.Purestokesports.com

tkaraszewski

Since 21 Oct 2016
41 Posts
Hood River

PostTue Jun 18, 19 10:32 am     Reply with quote

Pepi wrote:
As the new Ozone dealer for Hood River, we should have the REOs along with Enduros, Alphas, Hyperlinks and Unos at the shop hopefully by or before July 4th week.

So, if any of you are wanting to follow in Hein's footsteps, give us a shout.

You are going to make my wife mad at me.

1surfer

Since 20 Apr 2010
354 Posts
'Ualapu'e / High Rockies
Obsessed

PostTue Jun 18, 19 1:56 pm    Reo Reply with quote

Love the Reo's. Been using them since V1. Got some V5's and should be in a place to try them in a couple weeks. They are still in the bags. Ohhhh that new kite smell ! I like those kites for all around, snow and waves. If I space out on the water and forget that Im kiting, the Reo does not bite me in the ass for that... Very Happy

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostFri Aug 16, 19 8:30 pm     Reply with quote

Many sessions on the REO V5 and very much enjoying these kites. We picked up another quiver for Alex and Kaela. They are moving to Hood River soon so you will see them on the water a lot more this fall and in the coming years. -Trying to keep up with Dad, ha ha.

We are running the large loop which puts the bar in great position while riding and makes unhooking and hooking back in much easier. I am using the short bar with 20M lines on the 4, 5 and 6M.

Go see Pepi and demo these kites.

All the best,
Hein

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostFri Aug 30, 19 3:29 pm     Reply with quote

Been riding Reos since they were first released as well. Great lightweight & precise feel and bomber.

I've been using the second setting (lower knot on the front line bridal pigtails at the leading edge). It makes the kite sit back a little further in the window and I'm liking it for the onshore conditions we see a lot of at the coast. Since it's easy to change, you can quickly set it to the first setting if its more sideshore. Would love to hear more comments on others playing with this setting.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostFri Aug 30, 19 3:38 pm     Reply with quote

barfly wrote:
Been riding Reos since they were first released as well. Great lightweight & precise feel and bomber.

I've been using the second setting (lower knot on the front line bridal pigtails at the leading edge). It makes the kite sit back a little further in the window and I'm liking it for the onshore conditions we see a lot of at the coast. Since it's easy to change, you can quickly set it to the first setting if its more sideshore. Would love to hear more comments on others playing with this setting.

I am on Reos also......I haven't messed with any of the settings because they just fly so perfect out of the box. Barfly, when you say lower knot, are you referring to the knot closer to the LE or further away? I should play with mine some and see the difference for myself I guess. Maybe it won't make that much difference on the river as it does it proper open waves though.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: