Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

next round of tariffs
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jul 03, 19 5:42 am     Reply with quote

C Johnson wrote:

Btw the environmental regulations in China are not as loose as you might think. That is an outdated stereotype as far as I’m concerned. Particularly for companies producing high end outdoor retail products where the customer base cares about sustainability and nontoxic materials.

I hope you're right. In about 1995 I went to a Structural Steel Painters convention. Went for drinks with a manager responsible for the container cranes you see in ports like Seattle/Tacoma everywhere. He said how great is was to simply dump the 55 gallon barrels of toluene, MEK, thinner on the ground anywhere you like. Meanwhile on the Narrows Bridge we were cradle to the grave on any products used.

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostWed Jul 03, 19 6:09 am     Reply with quote

C Johnson wrote:

Btw the environmental regulations in China are not as loose as you might think. That is an outdated stereotype as far as I’m concerned. Particularly for companies producing high end outdoor retail products where the customer base cares about sustainability and nontoxic materials.

That would be some interesting news! When did China start their environmental initiatives? How did China finally change the cultural attitude of "making a buck today is better than making more tomorrow?

I am asking this in all seriousness because of the recent news that China is no longer taking our "recyclables" for a fee and then just dumping them in the ocean.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: