Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sauvies on Sunday afternoon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Jul 24, 05 8:53 pm    Sauvies on Sunday afternoon? Reply with quote

Anyone Kite Sauvies Sunday? I was upriver a few miles and was just wondering how the wind relates to Sauvies... It was a family thing so I couldn't kite, but the wind wouldn't have allowed it anyway. About 5 average with 12-13 for a few minutes at a time throughout the afternoon. Thanks for any info! Very Happy

Nak

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostMon Jul 25, 05 8:11 am     Reply with quote

I was at Sauvies on sunday. You didnt miss much. The wind picked up to about 9 but was very holey. I stuck around till about 5:30 and it wasnt ridable. At least not for me. If you are very skinny and talented you could fly.....
Where were u? Woodland?
Mark

www.naishkites.com

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostMon Jul 25, 05 8:36 am     Reply with quote

Yeah, I had the skinny part down, but not the talented part yesterday...The Shenk brothers had it goin' on for a while on the Torch 16 and 20s, but it was downwinders for most riders yesterday.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostMon Jul 25, 05 9:33 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the reports! Very Happy

Actually, I was on Suavies, just a few miles upriver. Around the corner past where Kite Beach ends... Seems like it could be a nice place for kiting, but the wind is probably funky? I'll have to check it out sometime when the wind is better. It's the beach that has dirt road access a couple of miles before you get to the parking lot for kite beach. Near the parking lot it's crowded, but we shuttled down to the end of the beach by boat. No one else on the beach for about a mile...

Nak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: