Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Early Bird Event Site Parking passes on sale!
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
JeffT

Since 07 Jul 2012
238 Posts
Deep Southern Portland
Stoked

PostSun Apr 07, 19 6:51 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for relaying the meeting details!

Last year there were many occasions where I got to the ES late and it was full so I had to park on the dirt. It was not clear if I had to pay the meter that looks to be used for parking on the street between the ES and the dirt lot. Is parking on the dirt free when the ES lot is full? Several guests parking on the dirt were also unsure.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Apr 08, 19 8:28 am     Reply with quote

Yes - parking in the dirt lot is included in your ES pass.

soona

Since 27 Sep 2009
72 Posts

PostMon Apr 08, 19 10:15 am    Re: What a joy to be able to have such a playground. Reply with quote

Sasquatch wrote:
News flash winers; wind is FREE, the parking lot needs maintenance, laws mowed, bathrooms stocked with TP and cleaned, garbage cans emptied, employees paid--I'm positive I'm failing to list many other expenses the Port incurs.

I'm not particularly complaining about the $100, but I'd like to point out that a portion of our property tax revenue goes to support the Port, and all of our bridge tolls as well.

Also, to the person who mentioned parking being diverted to local businesses, the city plans to start metering parking in the waterfront area this year as well. That means that ES pass holders (like me) will be tempted to park in the ES or Luhr Jensen even if they're just patronizing Stoked, Solstice or other businesses down there, leading to unnecessary crowding for people who actually want to kite. Watch for freeloaders trying to poach the business private parking lots on the south side of the buildings as well.

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostTue May 14, 19 9:46 am     Reply with quote

Stopped by the event site on Sunday.

I noticed the new parking pay stations were lit up and active.

$2 per hour.

There was a note taped to the machine suggesting you pick up your season pass at the Port Office.

Anybody seen any enforcement or been ticketed yet?

I saw people using the machines, or at least attempting to use the machines.

Is this thing live?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: