Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Doh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Jul 24, 05 6:53 am    Doh! Reply with quote

Looks like an epic week ahead of us in Oregon, but I got to leave town for work. Sad

Going to San Diego for a conference, will be out for a week. Bringing my kite gear but they have very little wind down there (15mph+ day is nukin for them. )

I will see you all when I get back... have fun killin it without me!

Wave

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostSun Jul 24, 05 3:20 pm     Reply with quote

Pack your biggest kite & head for Silver Strand. Its a sweet spot when it actually blows

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Jul 24, 05 3:50 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah I hit Silver Strand last time I was here, never got on the water though it was just too damn light. Tuesday has the best forecast with 11 KNOTS!!! Awesome, good thing I brought my big kite (13m.) Thumb's Up

Dr Sloth

Since 05 Mar 2005
27 Posts

PostSun Jul 24, 05 6:23 pm     Reply with quote

Time to improve on those board handling skills and learn to surf. [drool]You are close to blacks[/drool]

PACK OUT YOUR TRASH!

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostMon Jul 25, 05 7:51 am     Reply with quote

Tourmaline Surf Park gets more wind.. has a headland which kicks up the venturi effect ala Manzo, Netarts. 11kts can turn into 13-15 there... it might make it worth it. TSP is the north-most end of Pacific Beach and there should be kites up if it is sailable. Good surf there too and good parking.

xml.sa.mapquest.gif 

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostMon Jul 25, 05 8:05 am     Reply with quote

PKH, I grew up near Tourmaline Smile - be careful, the surfers tend to be very territorial and the break gets crowded when it's good.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jul 25, 05 12:53 pm     Reply with quote

Cool thanks for the info guys... I got to do some stuff for the conference this afternoon and Thursday, so Tuesday/Wednesday are my days to make it happen.

Silver Strand is actually 11-15 right now, too bad I got to work... oh well maybe tomorrow. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: