Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Need new kites
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
shred_da_gorge

Since 12 Nov 2008
1251 Posts
Local, not Low Cal
XTreme Poster

PostSat Mar 23, 19 7:40 pm     Reply with quote

I second the experience with the Neo. Started in "medium" but boy are they grunty! Spent a bunch of time on a friend's 8m Neo and the difference from Rebel is where it flies in the window - always felt the Rebel was trying to pull me off the swell, and Hindenburg'd easily when overrun. I consider the Rebels my 'bump and jump' kites with the twin tip and Neo and Pivots the swell carvers while I continue to progress riding strapless. I was considering replacing the Pivots with Neos but they haven't compelled me so far. When I first flew the Pivots (7m and 9m), I did have to get used to them being 'underpowered' compared to the North kites I was used to (Rebels and Fuses), but I've gotten used to using the 9m Pivot when I'd be on the 8m Rebel and I've come to really love them now that I'm dialed. (I'm 185# on North Jaime & 5'4" Angry Swallow).

Nevo

PostSun Mar 24, 19 8:22 am     Reply with quote

mmac wrote:
Nevo wrote:
I ride Neo's, My only complaint is that they are pretty physical kites. My elbows end up hurting from all the one handed sheeting I do. Love their performance but expect to try something different for the next quiver. Kind of wondering what North will be releasing this year...

You do know the bridels & pigtails are adjustable? They can be tuned for less bar pressure. They shouldn't be hurting your elbows if you have them adjusted correctly for your weight and are riding the right size kite. Just saying in case you didn't know.

Yep, they're adjusted to the soft settings. I ride one handed all day long, stay out for 3-5 hours at a time, and am jumping and trying tricks non stop. No matter how I've tuned them they are more physical than other kites I've used. Hence the long list of reviews calling them grunty I expect!

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostSun Mar 24, 19 8:28 am     Reply with quote

I have a 5, 8, 10m Liquid Force Wow quiver for sale that fit your description exactly.
They would be a great match for your Mission Control Bar.
I have an add in the classifieds.

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-45224.html

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

Jbruck

Since 17 Jun 2016
43 Posts
Eugene, OR

PostMon Mar 25, 19 3:25 pm     Reply with quote

knotwindy wrote:
Turns fast, drift well, handles gusts, quality, good in river swell and coast waves

Ozone Enduro, best kite I’ve flown so far for all that

Second the Enduro - my 9m and 12m cover most days on the Oregon coast and have jumpstarted my progression jumping and in the waves. The most stable, intuitive, yet reactive and fun kites I've flown.

watercamper

Since 08 Sep 2017
86 Posts
Boise

PostWed Apr 03, 19 9:46 am    Thanks Reply with quote

I wanted to thank all of your for your posts. I haven't been able to post any replies but now that I am back in the US and on wifi, I hope this one goes through. I had the opportunity to demo a Pivot. Absolutely loved it and love the tough construction. Here's to a windy season!

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostThu Apr 04, 19 8:12 am    Re: Thanks Reply with quote

watercamper wrote:
I had the opportunity to demo a Pivot. Absolutely loved it and love the tough construction. Here's to a windy season!

Nice. They're all good but to demo new gear and have that instant breakthrough feeling is gold. If you didn't feel it....it's not the kite for you. Careful though........the kite needle goes in quiver deep. Laughing Tis the season!

watercamper

Since 08 Sep 2017
86 Posts
Boise

PostThu Apr 04, 19 8:36 am    The Feeling Reply with quote

Sella, you're 100% right on. When I threw the kite into a hard gybe, I got the biggest grin ever. The first boost and hang, even bigger grin and a big YELL. I was sold. Of course almost any of these modern kites would do that I'm sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: