Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

And you were worried about sharks...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu Mar 07, 19 10:40 pm    And you were worried about sharks... Reply with quote

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6764177/Kitesurfer-left-needing-18-stitches-mauled-raging-pit-bull.html#v-1110501590984866271

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
181 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostFri Mar 08, 19 9:56 am    Ouch! Reply with quote

Ha! The dogs at the crowd bar need to step up their game. Razz Laughing

bwd

Since 04 Aug 2007
385 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Mar 09, 19 7:25 am     Reply with quote

I got bitten by a pit bull off leash in a park last month, took a week to track down the owner, who was with the dog but didn’t give me information at the time.
Luckily I had help from other pit bull owners, found the dog was vaccinated, and avoided shelling out for rabies $$$$ shots. Stitches? Plenty, I didnt even count them.

I’m not much of a fascist, but there should be bigger penalties for biting dog owners.

Also not much of a commie, but there is no excuse for the rabies antibody serum costing $3000-10000 in the US while it’s free or cheap in most other countries.
I thought about going to Canada if I couldn’t verify the dog had its shots.
Something is wrong when a walk-up international airfare plus private hospital treatment is cheaper than local US public hospital with insurance....

Anyway, I have to acknowledge I would have had much more trouble without help of good dog owners. And no problems at all without bad ones. Pit bulls? Still not my favorite breed...

Be careful, don’t let spring turn into hate season.
Just make sure you have enough popcorn!

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSat Mar 09, 19 9:15 am     Reply with quote

bwd wrote:

I’m not much of a fascist, but there should be bigger penalties for biting dog owners.

Agreed. I mean, it's almost a hate crime. Biting someone just because they own a dog is just wrong.
Wink

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously though, it sucks that you were attacked. And I really do agree that there should be criminal penalties for pit bull owners who let their animal get loose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: