Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Surf Seat harness?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostMon Nov 26, 18 3:42 pm    Re: Oklahoma! Reply with quote

Ho-Toe wrote:
Aww, c’mon—the wedgie is part of the experience. A good gusty kite session provides more action than I’ve gotten in awhile... Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://vimeo.com/242357883

(PS—on a more serious note, use a slider rather than a hook on your spreader bar for increased rotational ability & toe-side action)

FYI, it is now called TOKlahoma as the state legalized medical weed last year.

scottm

Since 12 Jun 2006
108 Posts

Stoked

PostWed Nov 28, 18 3:08 pm     Reply with quote

Another option is to use the leg loops from a climbing harness, and attach them to a waist harness. I like the simple non-adjustable ones like the Petzl Sama, in the same size that you would climb in. I cut off the waistband, put the front loop around the middle of the slider bar, and zip tied the buckles from the back elastic straps to the back line on the harness. Keeps my Ride Engine from becoming a Ride Up Engine, and I don't need to crank down the velcro or straps any more.

macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostWed Nov 28, 18 10:04 pm     Reply with quote

^^^^ that’s essentially what the Dakine Chameleon is. No need for the leg straps or even the waist harness to be tight. Around $130 complete.

Nevo

PostWed Nov 28, 18 10:19 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this. I cut apart an old climbing harness for my trip to Los Barilles next week and am glad to hear this should work!

scottm wrote:
Another option is to use the leg loops from a climbing harness, and attach them to a waist harness. I like the simple non-adjustable ones like the Petzl Sama, in the same size that you would climb in. I cut off the waistband, put the front loop around the middle of the slider bar, and zip tied the buckles from the back elastic straps to the back line on the harness. Keeps my Ride Engine from becoming a Ride Up Engine, and I don't need to crank down the velcro or straps any more.

Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostFri Dec 21, 18 4:29 pm     Reply with quote

I bought a new 2017 Dakine Chameleon Harness at discount. The 2018 had Camouflage coloring (clothing) which is banded on at least one Caribbean island. Probably would not be a problem, but why take a chance. I intend to go back to St. Lucia. This is waist harness with an attachable seat. The seat strap can be adjusted to the height needed. No more waist harness moving up. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised and happy with the harness. The old seat harness was really too low for proper use and it was hard to walk in. Moving from the seat harness was a breeze. I set the harness low at first then slowly moving it up. The harness is much easier for toe side riding. I total recommend this harness if you want the old surf seat feel. It also engages the abs without the full pull of the waist harness. Thanks to all of you for your advice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: