Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Huckfest - looking for EMT / safety volunteers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostTue Sep 04, 18 12:31 pm    Huckfest - looking for EMT / safety volunteers! Reply with quote

Hi all-

I'm looking to bring back Huckfest this fall on a day of either Sept 28-30 or Oct 5-7. The goal is to have this at Rooster Rock when the big easterlies crank up; hopefully one of the six above days will work.

I have tentative plans to make this happen, however, In order to make this happen the insurance company requires some degree of safety assurance and accident mitigation. This means on-site EMT's and/or safety support such as Jetski/boat rescue availability.

I am putting out this call to the local kite community to see if there are any volunteers that could provide this for the event on the dates specified.

Also, I'm still open to comments/ideas on the event.

Cheers,
-Darren

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostTue Sep 04, 18 1:55 pm     Reply with quote

Have you called to Corbett Volunteer Fire Department to see if they would be willing to do a standby? Working with the local authority having jurisdiction is always the best bet. They would have lability coverage by their medical director. By state law (Oregon Administrative Rules) EMTs/Paramedics have to work under the lisence of a medical director. Using the Local FD is a good way to accomplish that.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue Sep 04, 18 2:21 pm     Reply with quote

might be slightly excessive, but i didn't know this before. you can buy individual insurance from life flight (it seems pretty cheap considering what is at stake if you need them). i think you can do it on their web site.

Bargeslayer

Since 08 Jul 2012
100 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Sep 04, 18 6:45 pm     Reply with quote

tinyE wrote:
might be slightly excessive, but i didn't know this before. you can buy individual insurance from life flight (it seems pretty cheap considering what is at stake if you need them). i think you can do it on their web site.

That might not be a bad option depending on cost and considering the long walk from rooster to the parking lot if something happens.

chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostTue Sep 04, 18 6:57 pm    huckfest Reply with quote

contestants must jump the tripod to advance to the final round

Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostTue Sep 04, 18 7:34 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you called to Corbett Volunteer Fire Department to see if they would be willing to do a standby? Working with the local authority having jurisdiction is always the best bet. They would have lability coverage by their medical director. By state law (Oregon Administrative Rules) EMTs/Paramedics have to work under the lisence of a medical director. Using the Local FD is a good way to accomplish that.

Thanks for the tip!

The back story on this is that the insurance company I am registering with would like a safety plan for the event, including some medically trained personnel on-site. I have been working with the local State Parks on this and I believe the FD will be a good option!

TAK

Since 04 Aug 2009
94 Posts

PostTue Sep 11, 18 7:25 pm    Re: huckfest Reply with quote

chrissmack wrote:
contestants must jump the tripod to advance to the final round

I second that!!! This wasn’t quite over but close haha. Photo taken by Trevor at the top of the Tripod.

8C7331C3-BD25-49C3-B009-107760E0C425.jpeg 
   B4243C3D-941E-4F03-B497-31E695F153D8.jpeg 

Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostWed Sep 12, 18 1:52 pm     Reply with quote

Nice shots!

Tripod jumping will be part of next year's TOUGH RUDDER foilboarding obstacle course race.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: