Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Charlie the Unicorn.... was ten years ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostThu Jul 19, 18 8:27 am    Charlie the Unicorn.... was ten years ago. Reply with quote

For the OG crew....
Charlie the Unicorn.... was ten years ago. Back when there was a angry Monkeyboy running around and ankle weights were in fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=32&v=CsGYh8AacgY

www.naishkites.com

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
181 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostThu Jul 19, 18 9:17 am    Re: Charlie the Unicorn.... was ten years ago. Reply with quote

[quote="Mark"]For the OG crew....
Charlie the Unicorn.... was ten years ago. Back when there was a angry Monkeyboy running around and ankle weights were in fashion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=32&v=CsGYh8AacgY[/quote]

Can I have my 3+ minutes back for watching that youtube vid? That was painful.

Yes, the ankle weights; a classic for sure:

[url]http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-3808.html&highlight=[/url]

And this forum is a bit less of something without pdxmonkeyboy's comments. Start kiting again pdxmonkeyboy and give up the crotch-rocket and dressing up in skin tight, SNL Sprockets, black leather racing suits.

Last edited by sleestack on Thu Jul 19, 18 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostThu Jul 19, 18 11:39 am    Re: Charlie the Unicorn.... was ten years ago. Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
For the OG crew....

Dude! Ankle weights are still in fashion

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jul 19, 18 3:47 pm    Re: Charlie the Unicorn.... was ten years ago. Reply with quote

Was this that era of just about the most fun, most actively involved forum comedy weeks in the history of mankind? I think there was some new person (or was it TravisBixelRex) who made crazy (semi-gay) hourly comments about "I want to fly you" or some damn thing. I remember I had a paying job (government desktop pc) and I could not resist checking every 8 1/2 minutes for an 8-minute visit. So damn much fun.

Mark wrote:
For the OG crew....

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostThu Jul 19, 18 4:04 pm    Re: Charlie the Unicorn.... was ten years ago. Reply with quote

wylieflyote wrote:
Was this that era of just about the most fun, most actively involved forum comedy weeks in the history of mankind? I think there was some new person (or was it TravisBixelRex) who made crazy (semi-gay) hourly comments about "I want to fly you" or some damn thing. I remember I had a paying job (government desktop pc) and I could not resist checking every 8 1/2 minutes for an 8-minute visit. So damn much fun.

Mark wrote:
For the OG crew....

Fun era for sure. We all knew each other, and needed each other to launch-land and compare war stories about being tea bagged, Bow tied, and how to reset the grenade pin. As the years went on, the kites got safer, more people joined (the masses) the small group dynamic changed. I rarely post anymore (still lurk) and once Facebook came online, the need to arrange "board meetings" on NW Kite got to be less and less. Ahh the old times. Phil we need a winter NWKite party at the warehouse. Preferably with homemade videos..... Not bragging videos but one's of Aliens babies, and 503 songs... And YES more angry Monkeyboy.... (who still owes us all a keg of beer for saying the Wonderbar would never form)
. Alien Drunk

www.naishkites.com

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jul 19, 18 4:29 pm     Reply with quote

Mark... I think I was part of the advance wave of the boring generation of kiters since I stuck with windsurfing until I was assured of a kite that could have more than %5 de-power. Smile

edit: Oh, and a leash that was not tied onto my wrist.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Jul 20, 18 9:57 pm     Reply with quote

I don't know. There were a lot of very offensive comments back then... I need a crying closet or a safe space just thinking about it. Very Happy

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSat Jul 21, 18 6:43 am     Reply with quote

<<Oh, and a leash that was not tied onto my wrist.>>

You missed some wild rides Kip. I remember Mark R, Scott S, Brad D, Spencer, myself and several others launching our two-line kites, "safety" on wrist, from the end of The Hook and trying to stay upwind as long as possible before the inevitable carnage, and yardsale when we got pulled off of our edge. Brain at Northwave was kept very busy repairing our kites.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: