Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Missing person, possible drowning at Manzanita 6-24-18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
wskbski

Since 12 Sep 2010
50 Posts

PostMon Jun 25, 18 11:28 am    Missing person, possible drowning at Manzanita 6-24-18 Reply with quote

A woman in her 30-ies was reported missing at Manzanita yesterday 6-24-18 around 4pm. She was surfing. Rescue was initiated. Was she found?
Play safe

macgruber

Since 06 Dec 2011
490 Posts
SE PDX volcano
Obsessed

PostFri Jun 29, 18 7:49 am     Reply with quote

Yeah, she swam in half a mile south and didn’t need assistance. I came in when I saw the flashing fire truck on the beach and the fireman said she had been in the water 20 minutes so I headed south in the small 3’ surf at least 2 miles downwind. By that time the chopper and jet skis were looking and I made some far out tacks back upwind. By the time I got back up to my car, they had called off the chopper, cutter and jet skis. Seems the 911 callers didn’t know the “victim” and were overreacting because of the Rockaway drownings the week before

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: