Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

OT: Closeout MTB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Addict

Since 26 Jun 2012
101 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Apr 28, 18 2:10 pm    OT: Closeout MTB Reply with quote

Has anyone purchased a bike from Closeout MTB? The site looks legit and the prices aren't "too good to be true", but it still feels a bit off. Feedback appreciated.

http://closeoutmountainbikes.com

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostSat Apr 28, 18 4:50 pm     Reply with quote

My friend on kauai bought a Santa Cruz full suspension for like 1000 cheaper cause it was the previous year model. He got killed on shipping to Hawaii though but it came within a week I think. Not sure if it was this exact site but I will check. Looks legit from the website though.

jasonq

Since 12 Jan 2009
242 Posts
hood river
Stoked

PostSat Apr 28, 18 5:06 pm     Reply with quote

no first hand experience, but poked around their site a bit.

CL BIKE SPORT PTE LTD

Adress: The Paragon Shopping Center , 290 Orchard Road, Level 1 Blok A No. 77C Singapore 238859

Tel: 65155326 - Fax: 65155325

they appear to be in singapore, located at one of the malls in a shopping district. But that mall doesn't seem to have a business named that, and also doesn't seem to have a specialty bike shop that would carry those brands. Just general sporting goods type stores.

i couldn't find anything on CL Bike Sport

so i agree, something seems off.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostSun Apr 29, 18 8:08 am     Reply with quote

The testimonials seem super legit.

The Products are satisifiable. I dont have any complain regarding their services and services they offer, Brock Cooper

AKkiter

Since 31 Aug 2008
181 Posts
Montavilla
Stoked

PostSun Apr 29, 18 9:37 am     Reply with quote

I would be highly skeptical if I were you. The pricing is almost at wholesale.
I looked up my bike that I bought from a local Portland shop and the price is half what I paid. I do know this : If they are selling at this price point, it is undercutting the local dealers that strive to provide great customer service, support, and helpful advice.

Addict

Since 26 Jun 2012
101 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Apr 29, 18 1:37 pm     Reply with quote

And the fact that they offer every bike size for all of these bikes seems really suspect. And yes, it is much better to buy local.......

Thanks for feedback!!

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSun Apr 29, 18 2:30 pm     Reply with quote

I googled the name - closeout mountain bikes.... and the website doesn't come up.
I searched and could not find any info about the website.

Big red flag!

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Apr 29, 18 5:35 pm     Reply with quote

I don't know if this site is legit... However, I've travelled Asia extensively and bikes & bike parts are usually way more expensive than in the states. That said, crime is also very, very low in Singapore. (If that's the real location of the site and not just a place to transfer funds.) Singapore takes a REALLY dim view of criminals and as a result Singapore is the safest city I've ever been in, by far. If you think this might be a scam, call the Singapore police. They will definitely ruin any scammers day.

BTW, for those that plan on traveling there, don't even think of bringing ANY illegal drugs there, including pot. Not sure if this is still in effect, but when I first went there they had the death penalty for bringing in one joint. There was a huge sign in customs warning of this. (it took up most of a wall. The sign went away years back. )They arrested you at customs, tried you the next day and the execution was the following morning. They do it quick so there's no time for an outcry to develop from the US and Europe. Not much of a drug problem in Singapore, LOL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: