Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

OT Bike Movie Premiere/Pump Track Fundraiser Sat. Night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dan.at.duotone

Since 15 Apr 2010
31 Posts
Gorge

PostMon Mar 05, 18 12:47 pm    OT Bike Movie Premiere/Pump Track Fundraiser Sat. Night Reply with quote

Hey guys-
Sorry if this is too OT but I see tons of kiters on the trails so I thought this might be OK.

For those who don't know, HRATS is fundraising for an amazing paved pumptrack at the HRVHS built by Velosolutions.

I helped Kickstarter a new bike movie this summer and got talking with the director and now we're premiering the movie this Saturday night at the Elks in Hood River. We're planning to use the event to help raise money for the pumptrack.

We're selling tickets here ($10 suggested donation, you can fill in whatever price you want): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-moment-movie-screening-tickets-42927751059

There will be a bar in the screening room, doors will be at 6:30, movie at 7.

There will be a raffle, and all the money raised will be donated to HRATS to help fund the pumptrack.

Also, I'm sure it's cause I'm an idiot but I tried to upload the poster here (tried a 2mb .pdf and a smaller .jpg) and I get an error message "no post mode specified". Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Hope to see you all there/on the trails/on the mountain/on the water soon.

-Dan

tour-1024.jpg 

Tour Poster copy.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Tour Poster copy.jpg
 Filesize:  1.84 MB
 Downloaded:  268 Time(s)
 Note:  Use Pixlr to resize images to lower than 1024x768 resolution so they show up inline.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostMon Mar 05, 18 1:51 pm     Reply with quote

Link

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1724 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostMon Mar 05, 18 2:51 pm     Reply with quote

this image?
looks like fun, I'm gonna check my schedule

27748299_1635341126532479_2173442196777267151_o.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  27748299_1635341126532479_2173442196777267151_o.jpg
 Filesize:  309.13 KB
 Downloaded:  307 Time(s)
 Note:  Use Pixlr to resize images to lower than 1024x768 resolution so they show up inline.

SalmonSlayer

Since 27 Nov 2005
648 Posts

Addicted

CGKA Member

PostTue Mar 06, 18 8:14 am     Reply with quote

Is this at a bar and prevents anyone under 21 years old from attending? I would like to bring my 13 yer old son, but I don't see any sort of age limit mentioned or that kids are OK.

dan.at.duotone

Since 15 Apr 2010
31 Posts
Gorge

PostTue Mar 06, 18 9:03 am     Reply with quote

It's at the Elks club which is usually very family friendly, however I'll confirm with management and post back up here. I was planning to take my 9 year old, so fingers crossed.

-Dan

dan.at.duotone

Since 15 Apr 2010
31 Posts
Gorge

PostWed Mar 07, 18 4:59 pm     Reply with quote

Just to confirm, this will be a kid-friendly event. There will also be a full bar in the screening room, so it will be an adult-friendly event as well. Should be a good time, and the local shops and manufacturers are being very supportive so hopefully it'll be a great raffle and successful fundraising event also. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

-Dan

forrest

Since 21 Jun 2005
4329 Posts
Hood River
Hick

CGKA Member

PostWed Mar 07, 18 9:18 pm     Reply with quote

Where is the proposed location for the pump track>?

dan.at.duotone

Since 15 Apr 2010
31 Posts
Gorge

PostThu Mar 08, 18 11:45 am     Reply with quote

Short answer: Golden Eagle Park, which is on the SE side of the HRVHS lot, spitting distance from the baseball fields.

Longer answer (for people unfamiliar with this project): HR county parks got a grant to develop this area. Part of the grant required local volunteers to build a skills area (which HRATS organized last Fall) plus local funding for this pump track. The grant paid for, among other things, installation of tennis courts, parking, and grading the land for the pump track. County parks has done an awesome job of getting the largest part of this project funded. HRATS has done an awesome job getting volunteers out to build the skills trails. Now we just need to fund the pumptrack.

Velosolutions has built pump tracks all over the world. We're planning to build one of their newer designs, a "pump park". They did the same thing at a high school in Switzerland... There's a movie of it in action here:
Link

Here's a link to the project on Velosolutions homepage: https://velosolutions.com/pump-track/en/pump-park-sils-i-d/

There's an article about that park here: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-velosolutions-pump-park-silsid-2014.html.

On a personal note I've ridden a Velosolutions pumptrack in Leavenworth and it was really next-level. People of all ages can have fun and improve skills, even in driving rain when the trails turn to mud and there's nowhere else to ride. The timing is pretty critical on this project, Bend is having the Velosolutions team building a pumptrack this summer, and if we piggyback on their build it will save tens of thousands of dollars in travel/shipping fees for the team to build ours at the same time.

We're very thankful to have many local businesses chipping in to help fund this, but it still requires community support.

On another note, I think this movie is going to be awesome.

Really looking forward to Saturday night, hope to see everyone there.

-Dan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: