Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

OT: Love my mountain, hate my mountain's crowds!
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2023 Posts

Windward

PostThu Feb 22, 18 12:51 pm     Reply with quote

Gman wrote:
you should come snorkeling with me! no crowds yesterday! and saved $2 on ice

do need to rally for a snow kite trip - Montana? - what has comparable/better terrain than Camas (when it has snow)

you can take the kid out of Fl.
but you can't take the Fl. out the kid

but where do you change?
Confused

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Feb 22, 18 2:09 pm     Reply with quote

Classic G! When's dinner?! Smile

Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostThu Feb 22, 18 7:14 pm     Reply with quote

The resort at mt. St. Helens wasn't crowded yesterday. All the snow you could drink.

7540.jpeg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  7540.jpeg
 Filesize:  608.12 KB
 Downloaded:  484 Time(s)
 Note:  Use Pixlr to resize images to lower than 1024x768 resolution so they show up inline.

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostThu Feb 22, 18 7:57 pm     Reply with quote

That’s what meadows looked like the last couple of days if you knew where to go and you weren’t camped out on the forum. If you are on the forum you ain’t playing

Another great day today. 5”!new. Place was empty and everything open!! Sun then the snow started. So nice!!

Since 08 Feb 2018
12 Posts

PostSun Feb 25, 18 10:05 am    weekend Reply with quote

Weekend madness

mhm2.jpg 
   mhm.jpg 

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostSun Feb 25, 18 11:24 am     Reply with quote

the horde!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSun Feb 25, 18 11:46 am     Reply with quote

When Ski Patrol tries to control the rope at Heather:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGwkMjmkwxg

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2023 Posts

Windward

PostMon Feb 26, 18 7:05 am     Reply with quote

OMG

yea,
I'd go home

unless you like waiting in line Shocked

you can bower my split board, and my sled

you should be able to get away,
maybe

wannabekiter

Since 14 May 2015
269 Posts
Hood river
Obsessed

PostMon Feb 26, 18 7:36 am    skiing Reply with quote

Screw waiting in line. Come on spring. No waiting in line at post canyon yet. Evil or Very Mad

runaway

Since 31 Aug 2010
66 Posts
Anchorage

PostMon Feb 26, 18 11:21 am    World population Reply with quote

1984 4.7 billion
2017 7.7 billion

2 kids are enough or we will destroy the earth

Last edited by runaway on Mon Feb 26, 18 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

wannabekiter

Since 14 May 2015
269 Posts
Hood river
Obsessed

PostMon Feb 26, 18 1:24 pm     Reply with quote

No shit and there all moving to the pnw. I think its more like 8 billion.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostMon Feb 26, 18 5:30 pm     Reply with quote

I wonder what is going through one’s mindset when they are ducking under a liftline to basically by-pass all the other cutomers waiting patiently in line. I witnessed a bunch of people today choosing to disrespect basic skier etiquette. The lift operator guy was asking them nicely to not cut the line but they just kept going. When I lived in Summit County CO, the patrol would come and clip your ticket if you acted this way.
And to be fair, this was all sorts of people. Skier, boarders, telemarketers, old and young. All of them should know better.

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

fisherman

Since 06 Aug 2007
113 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Feb 26, 18 6:52 pm    Ski lift lines. Reply with quote

People willing to spend their childhood while waiting in line are either local schmucks who can afford to ski Alps or global warming skeptics. They resemble toilet paper lines in USSR.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostMon Feb 26, 18 10:22 pm    Re: Ski lift lines. Reply with quote

fisherman wrote:
People willing to spend their childhood while waiting in line are either local schmucks who can afford to ski Alps or global warming skeptics. They resemble toilet paper lines in USSR.

Very good Tomash!

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Feb 27, 18 10:21 am     Reply with quote

blancoh2o wrote:
I wonder what is going through one’s mindset when they are ducking under a liftline to basically by-pass all the other cutomers waiting patiently in line. I witnessed a bunch of people today choosing to disrespect basic skier etiquette. The lift operator guy was asking them nicely to not cut the line but they just kept going. When I lived in Summit County CO, the patrol would come and clip your ticket if you acted this way.
And to be fair, this was all sorts of people. Skier, boarders, telemarketers, old and young. All of them should know better.

Poor setup and enforcement by Meadows.

It kind of is similar to when those packs of kids (30+) go into a 7-11 store and overwhelm the one person manning the store behind the counter--lots of shop lifting and consumption of products witin the store. Too much for one person to handle.

A few examples made of tickets being clipped and or passes suspended by Meadows employees would of curtailed those kind of BS actions in no time.

Yeah on Summit Country! I lived in Breckenridge back in the day and owned a summit pass (Brech, Copper, A-Basin, and Keystone).

And can someone please explain to me fisherman's post. . . "People willing to spend their childhood while waiting in line are either local schmucks who can afford to ski Alps or global warming skeptics. They resemble toilet paper lines in USSR."

Did he mean to say can't afford to ski Aps?

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostTue Feb 27, 18 3:43 pm     Reply with quote

Just read this good, timing I guess.

Bought a Ski Bowl night pass this year to reconnect with some people and have some weeknights up top. Sunday night was epic upper bowl and I've skinned a couple times on TDH too which is an easy jaunt close to Ptown. But my plan, my plan! It was so grand. Sunday night at Ski Bowl, then drive to MHM lot and sleep in the rig, then hit a crowdless blue bird Monday after a huge snow storm.

Everyone on the planet showed up, the lots filled like Christmas break. Even dudes from Montreal heard the snow storm was heading here!

Come on Utah, Colorado, Mt. Baker, what happened to your epic winters? Basically the scene was this entire post (other than the Gman thing). To add to the fun Shooting Star stopped for over 10min twice and Heather chair once. Wow, that will really get the lines long and frustrated souls. So for a 1/2 day I hit Twilight 2x and some other stuff here and there running from the crowds. It was beautiful though, just frustrating to see people either go rogue or not pay attention.

Good MHM midweek ticket for $64 if you don't have a pass, looking like a good spring so far. Web only purchase.

As far as whose an Oregonian or not, I think we all stopped complaining after the 80s right? The "No Californians" stickers and such. It was kinda funny back then but I think Oregon might feel the pressure more due to planning priorities (or lack thereof). We have geological challenges too which helps make the traffic bad, we have different tax laws in WA vs OR, we don't want to expand our UGBs but then not account for parking, and a "wall" isn't going to be built so I think we need to deal with continued population growth in urbana as well as up on the hill.

Most of the preaching here is to the choir.

IMG_20180226_072430582_sm.jpg 

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostWed Feb 28, 18 10:43 am     Reply with quote

barfly wrote:
Just read this good, timing I guess.

Everyone on the planet showed up, the lots filled like Christmas break. Even dudes from Montreal heard the snow storm was heading here!

was quite unbelievable - so many mofos didnt bump into ya!

did get Eric's full Mulan gate opening experience - its definitely not 1994 anymore...

glorious day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: