Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Gusty N. Coast Weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
jts

Since 03 Mar 2005
26 Posts
gorge

PostFri Mar 18, 05 1:55 pm    Gusty N. Coast Weekend Reply with quote

Heading down for the SOLV beach clean up at Manzanita...thinking the 20-25g35 forecast from the SW will gusty, crappy, taking my kite (only have a 17m) none the less...maybe Sunday AM will have some mellow leftovers...

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Mar 18, 05 2:33 pm     Reply with quote

gusts of 35m with a 17m? do you plan to fly back to Portland? Wink

jts

Since 03 Mar 2005
26 Posts
gorge

PostFri Mar 18, 05 2:42 pm     Reply with quote

"..maybe Sunday AM will have some mellow leftovers..."

Kite in 35knts with a 17m?...Ummm, no...but forecasts for 35knts often turn into 12-15knts...

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Mar 18, 05 3:06 pm     Reply with quote

Ahhh I'm just kidding.. late afternoon on Friday you know?

Hope you get a good session on the coast... I might head out there, its a good time of year for some coast riding.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostFri Mar 18, 05 4:09 pm     Reply with quote

Personally I think a 17m will be too much kite for either Sat or Sun. But one thing is for sure. If you go out, you'll need to be extra powered to deal with the predicted 19'sw swell for Sunday.

I just did 3 days of ocean/wave sailing last weekend up at gearheart/seaside. Waves sure are fun! Have fun out there.

PostFri Mar 18, 05 4:22 pm     Reply with quote

Ya, I deserved a good laugh after looking at Sunday's forecast for 30knts as well... Shocked

Maybe I will just pick up some trash and give the 3m/mtn board some work in the lulls...

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostFri Mar 18, 05 5:06 pm     Reply with quote

What about easterlies in the Gorge? Mclean says rain but I've never seen it rain at Rooster Rock on an east wind day...

Dr Sloth

Since 05 Mar 2005
27 Posts

PostSun Mar 20, 05 8:37 am     Reply with quote

Still extremely windy with strong gusts at the northern coast.

And here is what SurfCheck is saying.

Today: S wind 35 to 45 kt with a few gusts to 55 kt ... becoming SW 25 kt by noon. combined seas 16 ft dominant period 11 seconds. rain ... turning to showers.
Tonight: SW wind 20 to 25 kt. wind waves 5 ft. W swell 14 ft at 11 seconds. showers likely.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Mar 20, 05 8:46 am     Reply with quote

Yeah it looks like deadly winds and waves out there... We were driving home last night across the Fremont bridge just trying to keep the car on the road it was so windy.

It's got to be wrong but right now the IWindsurf Cape Blanco sensor is reading avg 63mph winds gusts to 77! Shocked

PostSun Mar 20, 05 8:54 am     Reply with quote

the sensor is not wrong it just blow something special down there at blanco. it was rippin yesterday but this afternoon looks to be civil enough for a 7M. The strong wind compliments the 20 ft swell. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: