Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Taking Prescription Painkillers to Mexico

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Dec 22, 17 2:40 pm    Taking Prescription Painkillers to Mexico Reply with quote

Hey y'all, I'm going down to Baja in January, but just had shoulder surgery. I've been trying to find information on bringing prescription painkillers through customs. (Narcotics.) Any first hand or second hand experience with this? I've read rumors ranging from "no problem" to "you'll go to jail". Thanks!

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Dec 22, 17 9:59 pm     Reply with quote

I don't know the actual law or policy - should be easy to google what's allowed and forbidden.
I have taken pain killers to Mexico but I disguised them. Put them in an empty bottle of Tylenol. It was less than 10 pills.
I've traveled to Mexico 20 times - I've had my van searched - but my personal stuff like my kit bag has never been opened.

kassak

Since 18 May 2010
107 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Dec 22, 17 11:34 pm     Reply with quote

You'll probably be fine as long as you bring in quantities that don't indicate anything beyond personal use.

The actual rules require you have an original prescription translated into spanish. Most of the things on the prescription get put onto the pill bottle (except a signature) from the pharmacy and you could ask your US pharmacy to print the label in spanish for you.

pauls

Since 20 Jun 2005
562 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

PostSat Dec 23, 17 8:06 am     Reply with quote

Don't worry Mike if push comes to shove we'll do a prisoner swap and exchange POTUS for you Wink Wink

jblum

Since 13 Jul 2008
305 Posts
The Gorge
Obsessed

PostTue Dec 26, 17 3:48 am    Put them in another container Reply with quote

Hey Nak.

Just put them in a tylenol or other OTC bottle. There is no way any guy at customs or in the airport would have the resources to look up what you are carrying and identify the pills. If you are bringing more than qty 100, I'd be more careful and maybe bring a translated rx, but for a normal amount, just fly it under the radar.

Buena suerte amigo!

fisherman

Since 06 Aug 2007
113 Posts

Stoked

PostTue Dec 26, 17 1:59 pm    Painkillers Reply with quote

Just in case you won't be using them would you be interested in selling them ? Of course I am just kidding. I got my own. kidding again. Why don't you swallow them all before the trip begins?

lewmt

Since 04 Aug 2010
182 Posts
MT
Stoked

PostFri Dec 29, 17 8:45 pm     Reply with quote

You may want to post this question on bajanomad.com Tons of experienced in almost everything Mexico & Baja there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: