Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Foilers: will foils fit into 2004 and up Toyo sienna?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostTue Aug 22, 17 9:25 am    Foilers: will foils fit into 2004 and up Toyo sienna? Reply with quote

My Impreza requires me to take apart my foil--no bueno. Currently using our Ford 15 passenger toy van. Wondering if longer masted foils--Ghost Whisper--fit into Siennas 2004 and newer? Likely to have two mounted foils, directional and ?. Sienna More useful than pu truck for us. Love the Ford Transit, but not in the budget. AWD Siennas in our price range used.

Thanks,
Eric

Dern

Since 11 Jul 2010
544 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostTue Aug 22, 17 10:39 am     Reply with quote

Could get one of those Fast-Mast plates at NSI for the foil and use the Impreza? Cheaper then a new car!

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostTue Aug 22, 17 10:56 am     Reply with quote

I was looking at those. Pretty great, and typical Stringy ingenuity. Won't fit my masts, though.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostTue Aug 22, 17 11:21 am     Reply with quote

We need to start an online petition requesting Stringy to make those release plates for fixed plate masts! Very Happy

dcfordo

Since 19 May 2011
60 Posts
The Dalles

PostWed Aug 23, 17 4:58 pm    Old Siennas rock! Reply with quote

Yes. Foils fit easily laying sideways across the back of the van with room to spare. Maybe throw in a kayak or two and a mt. bike also.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostWed Aug 23, 17 5:23 pm     Reply with quote

Awesome!

Many thanks

Eric

Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Aug 24, 17 3:33 pm     Reply with quote

I transport my original LF foil in my Sienna with the fuselage off and the mast pointing straight up and it fits fine. Only 2 bolts to assemble.

If you wanted to keep it 100% whole it would fit sideways but then you'd have to have the whole back seat down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: