Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

CGKA - E.Coli warning notice from Dalles to Hood River

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jun 09, 17 10:40 am    CGKA - E.Coli warning notice from Dalles to Hood River Reply with quote

PRESS RELEASE

DATE: June 9, 2017

TOPIC: Wastewater Treatment Plant Upset

FOR RELEASE: IMMEDIATELY

The City of The Dalles Wastewater Treatment Plant has experienced an upset this week which has resulted in discharge of effluent exceeding the plant’s limit for E. coli.

On June 9th one of the twice-weekly tests for E. coli in the plant’s effluent to the river exceeded 406 organisms per 100 milliliters, the limit for a single sample. As required by the City’s NPDES permit, a series of five samples at 4-hour intervals was initiated; that sampling is currently underway. Samples will continue to be taken at the treatment plant until E. Coli counts are back within permit limits.

Signs are being posted along the Columbia River as designated locations to notify the public about the potential contamination.

The cause of the upset is unknown at this time and under investigation.

The upset has been reported to the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality. Questions can be directed to the Public Works Department office at (541) 296-5401.

cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jun 09, 17 6:35 pm     Reply with quote

As of 7pm on Friday we have still not been able to obtain an updated status report on water quality levels.

Stay posted and we will update as possible.

Singlemalt

Since 21 Jun 2015
460 Posts
White Salmon
Obsessed

PostSat Jun 10, 17 5:33 am     Reply with quote

Crap! Shocked

PieroPDX

Since 22 May 2006
109 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Jun 10, 17 1:51 pm     Reply with quote

well that makes up my mind with regard to getting out today. I have a ton of open wounds from crashing on post canyon, so that's not good...

cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Jun 10, 17 4:04 pm     Reply with quote

Well, we were supposed to receive updated news before the end of the day Friday, but no such luck.

Base your decisions on your own, but we have not received any further warnings, there are no warning signs posted on any of our local beaches yet, and sometimes, I guess, no news might be good news(?).

cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Jun 10, 17 4:04 pm     Reply with quote

Well, we were supposed to receive updated news before the end of the day Friday, but no such luck.

Base your decisions on your own, but we have not received any further warnings, there are no warning signs posted on any of our local beaches yet, and sometimes, I guess, no news might be good news(?).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: