Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Bali and kiteboarding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
181 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostFri Feb 17, 17 11:05 am    Bali and kiteboarding Reply with quote

Anyone ever kited down in Bali? I've done a little research and it does occur there and can be done. It sounds kind of like the Cancun area ie light wind spot.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostFri Feb 17, 17 1:09 pm     Reply with quote

prob better kite spots on on other indo islands but it is done

these guys are in sanur:
http://www.bali-kitesurfing.org/kiteschool.html

i left kite gear home and focused on surfing and diving...

bali 2.jpg 
   bali 1.jpg 
   dugong.jpg 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

kieran

Since 06 Jul 2011
45 Posts

PostMon Feb 20, 17 8:57 am     Reply with quote

I hauled kite gear to Bali in late 2015 - in 10 days there wasn't one solid 12m day. I got in one very underpowered session, the only other person on the water was a local with two 17m kites rigged together.

I was travelling with my pregnant girlfriend so couldn't go to Lombok where apparently there is good wave kiting.

It's such a wonderful place, next time I'll leave the kite gear at home and save the hassle.

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
181 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostMon Feb 20, 17 11:42 am     Reply with quote

[quote="kieran"] was a local with two 17m kites rigged together.[/quote]

Thx for the replies. Two big kites rigged together? Wow! I would like to see that in action. Did you take any pics of this local?

kbrossel

Since 26 Aug 2012
21 Posts

PostTue Feb 21, 17 8:48 am    Bali Kiting Reply with quote

If you go that far for kiting go to Perth. Our winter, their summer works best, from late December to March. We tried to combine a Dec. trip which was great for Perth but the off season for Bali. If you go get out of the city. We stayed at Sanur which was overrun with tourist. The countryside was beautiful.

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
181 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostTue Feb 21, 17 9:59 am    Re: Bali Kiting Reply with quote

[quote="kbrossel"]If you go that far for kiting go to Perth. Our winter, their summer works best, from late December to March. We tried to combine a Dec. trip which was great for Perth but the off season for Bali. If you go get out of the city. We stayed at Sanur which was overrun with tourist. The countryside was beautiful.[/quote]

Yes, I thought about that. It seems Perth shares about the same longitude as Bali. I remember seeing a youtube vid posted by a kiter on this forum. It was quickly taken down as they didn't want people knowing about a certain (left wave) break which seemed to have a never-ending wave break that lasted for long long time. The vid and post also touched on the flies in that region and how unfriendly the locals were/are towards non-locals--like physically threatening beat-down unfriendly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: