Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kite snowboard edge ?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostFri Dec 09, 16 8:54 am     Reply with quote

Funny how a recent pic of a buried KTM gets you excited, in many ways, at the beginning of the season.

Later on, or in person, I kind of think its more "man this is going to cost some kiting time".

And hey.....No excuses for not putting up pics. Take some in the lodge tonight while you still have the wherewithal to operate your phone. It would be great to see the place now.

Johnb

Since 02 Aug 2010
494 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Dec 10, 16 11:53 am     Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/-aYTwdyUik4

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSat Dec 10, 16 3:18 pm     Reply with quote

There's more to tuning than just whether the edge is sharp or not. Angle of bevel, de-tuning--dulling-- portions of the edge, changing the bevel for conditions, etc all make a HUGE difference in both how easy it is to ski and how well you can ski. I'm not a snow boarder, but from what I gather the same can be said for snow boarding.

If you've never played with the tune of your board, you might want to give it a go--or have a pro do it for you. You might just be amazed at the results. Just saying...

http://www.tactics.com/info/tuning-your-snowboard

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostSun Dec 11, 16 11:19 am     Reply with quote

$2000! That is how much I sunk into tuning gear for skis and snowboards. It was fun, and a bit of the stuff is necessary, but most of it is not - at least not for snowkiting equipment. On the hill, most of that stuff does make a difference. The best part of owning the gear to do almost everything is that you can do it right. 50/50 chance a ski shop will do it sloppily as a good job takes too much time to make money on.

I will get some pics together and do a post on my gear and techniques sometime this week while I am waiting for a weather window up at skyline. This really looks to be another epic start to the year up there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: