Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kite Thief?? Check this out...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kiteless

PostWed Jul 13, 05 5:09 pm    Kite Thief?? Check this out... Reply with quote

I don't know if this is for real or not, but I also posted my lost/stolen kite on Craig's list, and I just got this reply today... to review, our 9m Slingshot Fuel '05 was taken from the Marina on July 4th right from under our noses. Several of our non-kiting (and kiting) friends were all around all day and STILL someone managed to take off with our BRAND NEW kite. I also read the posting from" Bamboo" who had another 9m slingshot fuel stolen 3 days later from the same spot... I just got the following reply to my LOST add on Craig's list today, I copied it here:

"FYI, someone tried to sell me a kite at the spit
yesterday. It was a 9m Slingshot Fuel '04 is what he
called it. I did not see it. 15 minutes later I saw
a sign at the bulletin board for a missing/stolen
slingshot 9m '05 and thought maybe that guy was the
thief.

He is about 6 feet tall, brown hair, kind of strung
out. One of his front teeth is black."

Just incase that's a true story...I wanted to alert y'all. PLEASE if you have any idea where our stolen kites are or if you run into someone trying to sell you a BROWN 9m slingshot kite (or I'm not sure what "Bamboo's" kite colors are)....PLEASE let me know.
Thank you, teamdiosa@hotmail.com

[/b]

bamboo

Since 24 Jun 2005
165 Posts
da 'chung; taiwan
Stoked

PostWed Jul 13, 05 6:52 pm     Reply with quote

his front tooth is black, no doubt, from another run in during a botched thievery opportunity. i can assure you if i see him he'll be missing all his teeth. in fact i've been sharpening my knives to practice an old chinese torture technique known as "death from a thousand cuts." he'll get it coming sooner or later.

the kite i had was of the bright red/blue/black variety. pretty common slingshot '05 color. as with "kiteless" if someone tries to sell it to you put the hurtin' on this dude. i'm less concerned with getting the kite back as i am with putting this dude in the ditch. this guys obviously a professional low life and will definitely strike again. i really like the idea of a sting operation.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostWed Jul 13, 05 8:33 pm     Reply with quote

Do either of you have serial numbers? If approached I would like to be able to "take a look" at the kite and check the serial number... I would guess this guy might be attracted to the Slingshot demo at the event site Saturday. Might be a good chance to catch him either trying to sell your kites or steal another. Maybe the Hood River Police might run a sting operation? Kiting is important to the HR economy... Maybe if the victims and the local shops put a litttle pressure on the city? Good luck to both of you.

Nak

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostThu Jul 14, 05 8:14 am     Reply with quote

Since you have a pretty good description of this guy, it might be a good idea to drop by the HR police station and talk to a detective. There is a real good chance that this guy has a history. If he does, the cops will know who he is. I hope you get this guy!

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

funkysub

Since 14 Jul 2005
53 Posts

PostThu Jul 14, 05 2:15 pm     Reply with quote

I'm the guy that was approached at the sandbar to buy a slingshot 9m kite. It was a little suspicious, but didn't think much about it. 15 minutes later I saw a sign on the sandbar bulletin board for a stolen kite, and made me think maybe this guy was the thief.

I called the hood river police to try and report it. It was several days after it happened, and they didn't take his description down. They said they have several people who match the description of a blackened front tooth..

The woman I talked to also mentioned that there are no reports of stolen kites. If you have a stolen kite, you should report it:
Hood River Police - 541- 386-3942

I'll be keeping my eyes open for this guy.

blancoh2o

Since 15 Mar 2005
1153 Posts
Oregon
Phishy

PostFri Jul 15, 05 2:03 pm     Reply with quote

Does this guy have any other else about how he looks that we should look for. Like gotee, mustache, tattoos (description of it and where on his body), light/dark skin, freckles, etc.
I believe that we live in a small enough part of the world that at least one of us on this frum see this guy on occasion.
I hope we get him!!!!!
Thieves piss me off!

https://kb4c.rallyup.com/kb4c/286ef9/Member

bamboo

Since 24 Jun 2005
165 Posts
da 'chung; taiwan
Stoked

PostSat Jul 16, 05 12:22 am     Reply with quote

there is a report in with HRPD. they need more info like age, eye color, and the sort.

i ain't got no serial number from the kite...but it was in a bag that had zippers (manufacturing default?) that do not work. the salt water rendered them useless so none of the pockets open. that's about it for defining features...and oh yeah there was a kite inside.

fokiten

Since 04 Mar 2005
188 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Jul 17, 05 10:51 am     Reply with quote

You'd be supprised how many more details you might know,,

What color the pig tails are, where the wear is on them, first knot, second knot,etc...

What's in the unopenable pockets,,,what stains if any on the kite,,repairs or patches...etc.

The more un important crap you can list adds up to overwelming personal knowlege and so indisputable proof of ownership..

Get this guy,,work Mister,,work, do the work Mister
fo

ccmkiter

Since 21 Jul 2005
1 Posts

PostThu Jul 21, 05 12:05 pm    serial number ƒYI Reply with quote

Hi, it's kiteless again. I called the Hood River Police but they woulddn't take my report over the phone. I haven't had time yet to give them a report in person. Sad BUT, I DO have my serial number for my stolen 9m. The only distinguising characteristic of the kite is that it was BRAND new. It had probably been flown 3 or 4 times, so it was in perfect condition. The colors were brown, black, grey and orange. (Fuel '05) Overall it looked brown. The serial number off the box was 25289 as far as I can tell. Please let me know if someone tries to sell you the kite! Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: