Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Roosevelt sweetness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
honda1

Since 11 Sep 2013
183 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Oct 17, 16 8:27 pm    Roosevelt sweetness Reply with quote

What an epic session at Roosevelt today. Completely powered on a 12m for most of the 2 hour plus session. Swell was really nice too. Shout out to fellow kiters Ron and David and the crew of windsurfers there. Couldn't ask for a more friendly and helpful crew. Hopefully Roosevelt will give us a few more epic days like this afternoon.

Hazard to Navigation

Since 12 Sep 2016
62 Posts
Hood River

PostWed Oct 19, 16 6:58 pm     Reply with quote

This is David, we did have a blast on Monday! I've been kiting since late July and this was my first trip to Roosevelt. I went out as soon as possible on my 12m but came in after ten minutes to get my 9, which was plenty for me. I rode for about two hours until I started making mistakes (more than usual anyway), then while trying to get back I crashed and inverted my kite. I got the kite back in the air, but ended up ahead of my board and not able to get back to it, so I decided get to shore ASAP. That wasn't bad and I didn't have to walk far. Thanks to the guy that went back out on a large windsurfer looking for my board until the wind died completely. I knew we weren't going to find it that evening, so I drove to Arlington Tuesday morning. I did find the board floating against the rip-rap just over a mile upstream, banged up but no real damage. Lucky! I then went to Rufus and waited for it to fill in and had a short session there. Trying to get as many as possible in before it's too cold for my 5/4.

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostThu Oct 20, 16 9:55 am     Reply with quote

Hazard to Navigation wrote:
This is David, we did have a blast on Monday! I've been kiting since late July and this was my first trip to Roosevelt. I went out as soon as possible on my 12m but came in after ten minutes to get my 9, which was plenty for me. I rode for about two hours until I started making mistakes (more than usual anyway), then while trying to get back I crashed and inverted my kite. I got the kite back in the air, but ended up ahead of my board and not able to get back to it, so I decided get to shore ASAP. That wasn't bad and I didn't have to walk far. Thanks to the guy that went back out on a large windsurfer looking for my board until the wind died completely. I knew we weren't going to find it that evening, so I drove to Arlington Tuesday morning. I did find the board floating against the rip-rap just over a mile upstream, banged up but no real damage. Lucky! I then went to Rufus and waited for it to fill in and had a short session there. Trying to get as many as possible in before it's too cold for my 5/4.

Thumb's Up Respect for the commitment.

Hazard to Navigation

Since 12 Sep 2016
62 Posts
Hood River

PostFri Oct 21, 16 9:41 am     Reply with quote

I should be committed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: