Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sign the petition for Lyle access.
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1471 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Sep 23, 16 7:39 am    Sign the petition for Lyle access. Reply with quote

Next week there's a meeting in Lyle to discuss the sandbar.
see NWKITE - http://nwkite.com/forums/t-40289.html

I've started a petition that we can present at the meeting to show support for access to the sandbar.

You can sign the petition here - https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/provide-access-to-the-lyle-sandbar.html

C Johnson

Since 17 Apr 2009
853 Posts
Seattle
Opinionated

PostFri Sep 23, 16 7:59 am     Reply with quote

signed.

I put some stuff in there about Lyle becoming a place I would vacation with my family and spend money eating out and shopping in the local economy.

It needs to be sold like rich kiters are going to make Lyle their new destination. There has to be a monetary benefit to Lyle. The last thing they want is a bunch of hippie kiters living at the sandbar in their crappy vans and wandering around on the railroad tracks drunk or high.

cgka

Since 18 Jul 2006
278 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 23, 16 8:52 am     Reply with quote

Excellent comments!
This is exactly the type of response that the County Commissioners want to see as reflective of our sports group.
Spot on!

C Johnson wrote:
signed.

I put some stuff in there about Lyle becoming a place I would vacation with my family and spend money eating out and shopping in the local economy.

It needs to be sold like rich kiters are going to make Lyle their new destination. There has to be a monetary benefit to Lyle. The last thing they want is a bunch of hippie kiters living at the sandbar in their crappy vans and wandering around on the railroad tracks drunk or high.

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostFri Sep 23, 16 8:53 am     Reply with quote

Done. Not sure if ageed with the comments though.

C Johnson wrote:
I put some stuff in there about Lyle becoming a place I would vacation with my family and spend money eating out and shopping in the local economy. It needs to be sold like rich kiters are going to make Lyle their new destination. There has to be a monetary benefit to Lyle. The last thing they want is a bunch of hippie kiters living at the sandbar in their crappy vans and wandering around on the railroad tracks drunk or high.

Selling it like rich kiters will make Lyle a new destination spot to spend money belies the intelligence of the decision makers involved. Safe and legal Lyle sandbar access will be a benefit to MANY diverse users both tourist and local. The money will naturally follow. When was the last time you saw drunk or stoned kiters wandering around on the railroad tracks anywhere in the Gorge? Don't incite what doesn't exist.

caps

Since 23 Dec 2010
343 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 23, 16 9:19 am     Reply with quote

Signed!

mbevo

Since 22 Apr 2015
39 Posts
Portland

PostFri Sep 23, 16 9:34 am     Reply with quote

signed!

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Sep 23, 16 9:36 am     Reply with quote

Signed, thanks for putting it up

honda1

Since 11 Sep 2013
183 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Sep 23, 16 9:41 am    lyle Reply with quote

Lyle usually blows when hood doesn't or often blows stronger AND has the best burger joint. Hard to beat an amazing burger after a few sessions!

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1323 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostFri Sep 23, 16 9:47 am    signed Reply with quote

Make Lyle Great Again

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

bobgatpdx

Since 04 Oct 2008
218 Posts

Stoked

PostFri Sep 23, 16 10:08 am     Reply with quote

signed!
Lyle is one of the few good beginner kiteboarding spots in the Gorge - sorely needed.

Johnb

Since 02 Aug 2010
494 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Sep 23, 16 10:11 am     Reply with quote

Sella wrote:
Done. Not sure if ageed with the comments though.

C Johnson wrote:
I put some stuff in there about Lyle becoming a place I would vacation with my family and spend money eating out and shopping in the local economy. It needs to be sold like rich kiters are going to make Lyle their new destination. There has to be a monetary benefit to Lyle. The last thing they want is a bunch of hippie kiters living at the sandbar in their crappy vans and wandering around on the railroad tracks drunk or high.

Selling it like rich kiters will make Lyle a new destination spot to spend money belies the intelligence of the decision makers involved. Safe and legal Lyle sandbar access will be a benefit to MANY diverse users both tourist and local. The money will naturally follow. When was the last time you saw drunk or stoned kiters wandering around on the railroad tracks anywhere in the Gorge? Don't incite what doesn't exist.

Very good point Ken.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1471 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Sep 23, 16 10:36 am     Reply with quote

55 signatures in 4 hours!

Flo

Since 02 Feb 2016
19 Posts
White Salmon

PostFri Sep 23, 16 10:55 am     Reply with quote

signed and shared!
Thanks for working on that!
see ya at the meeting!
Flo

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3677 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostFri Sep 23, 16 12:06 pm     Reply with quote

Signed. Thanks to everyone for getting behind this.
Mark

www.naishkites.com

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostFri Sep 23, 16 2:14 pm    Re: lyle Reply with quote

honda1 wrote:
Lyle usually blows when hood doesn't or often blows stronger AND has the best burger joint. Hard to beat an amazing burger after a few sessions!

Corner Pocket burger is insane huge, and delicious. And the Calzone is a full meal deal there too. The staff just keeps asking you what else you want in there?... load up non-stop. Hand made yeast dough.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Sep 23, 16 4:10 pm     Reply with quote

This burger is sounding like an excellent post Fall night ride on the Syncline. I'm going to check it out for sure.

Eric

moondog

Since 15 Aug 2007
698 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

CGKA Member

PostFri Sep 23, 16 8:32 pm     Reply with quote

Signed, I will be out of the country for the meeting. I haven't kited in Lyle in 5 years but can someone bring up the feasibility of some sort of walkway that would latch on to the concrete underneath SR 41 along the Klickitat river. It would take BNSF out of the equation there would be no people crossing the highway. Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: