Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingshot bar tech question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostTue Sep 06, 16 5:29 pm    Slingshot bar tech question Reply with quote

i want to put a small chicken loop on an old compstick bar (2010-2013)

slingshot only has the medium loop for the compstick bar, but has small and medium loop for the newer guardian bar (2014-2016).

can i use the newer guardian small loop on the old compstick bars? (i don't have any newer bars to compare to; the pics look the same)

thanks,
chris

sromano1995

Since 22 May 2013
240 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostWed Sep 07, 16 5:08 pm     Reply with quote

I have retrofitted older SS bars/depower systems with the newer chicken loops (available on SS website) and release systems and it worked. That's actually one of the nice features of the SS bars IMO. As long as the ends of the chicken loops have the same mounting setup to the QR system there is no reason why it wouldn't work. Double check the pics of the newer chicken loops ends with yours.

chrissmack

Since 08 Jun 2005
515 Posts
portland
Addicted

PostWed Sep 07, 16 6:32 pm     Reply with quote

it is awesome how the bars have stayed the same and you can swap out the newer chicken loops / depower stuff.

i found a 2010 small loop at gorge performance. perfect fit

Harri

Since 26 Jan 2016
6 Posts
Austria • Salzburg
Kook

PostWed Sep 07, 16 11:34 pm    Re: Slingshot bar tech question Reply with quote

chrissmack wrote:
i want to put a small chicken loop on an old compstick bar (2010-2013)

slingshot only has the medium loop for the compstick bar, but has small and medium loop for the newer guardian bar (2014-2016).

can i use the newer guardian small loop on the old compstick bars? (i don't have any newer bars to compare to; the pics look the same)

thanks,
chris

No problem! I've just done that!

patdaniels

Since 29 Jul 2015
91 Posts
Seattle area

PostThu Sep 08, 16 9:12 am     Reply with quote

Small chicken loop for Slingshot Compstick bars works great!

Especially for slider bar, Ride Engine slider bar option for example. I use small chicken loops on both Slingshot Compstick bar models - Guardian (below the bar depower) and Sentinel (above the bar depower).

For older Compstick bars, which will be Guardian below the bar depower because Sentinel is fairly new, the small chicken loop will most likely work. But, you are running a pretty old bar at this point, time to consider a new bar perhaps!

If you ride hooked in 100% and use a slider bar, I strongly recommend going small chicken loop, take the donkey stick off - not necessary. Keeps bar throw tight, compensates for any bar throw lost to slider line slack.

Use a marine/load appropriate snap hook (aka small carabiner) on slider line for tethered self launch/land with slider line and small chicken loop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: